Survival - Lily - Chapter 28.2

Start from the beginning

"You really are something," Appa clapped, walking up to me as I stood gazing at the gloomy sea from the balcony.

"I told you, I get to choose my kill," I replied while staring at the dark clouds on the horizon. The sea is weirdly calm despite the dark skies.

"I'm proud of you," Appa smiled, placing his hand on mine, lightly squeezing it.

"You're proud of how badly you fucked me up?" I scoffed, ironically turning to stare at him. He's proud of a murderous daughter?

"Of course, it isn't the best method to kill him in front of so many eyes, but at least we don't have to deal with him anymore," Appa sighed, averting his eyes to the sea.

"Come with me," Taehyung suddenly grabbed my upper arm and tried to drag me out of the room. What is he doing? Why does he look so upset?

"Whatever you're trying to do, don't ruin it," Appa firmly gripped my hand to stop Taehyung from tugging me away.

"Sora. Come. With. Me," Taehyung gritted, keeping his eyes trained on appa. For some reason, appa looks very sore.

"I'm doubting you. This isn't what we agreed on, did we?" Appa slyly smirked at Taehyung, who turned stiff, but he kept his eyes on my father anyways. Taehyung promised to explain his ties with my parents, but he kept avoiding me.

"I was stupid. I'll be your next mistake, but I won't let her fall for it too," Taehyung shot my father a sharp glare before pulling me out of the room and down the hallways.

"Where-"

"Release Kim Seokjin," Taehyung suddenly halted, furiously turning to stare at me. Is he out of his mind?

"No," I said sternly, staring at him dead in the eyes. Seokjin has to repay for what he did to Yangcha. Blood for blood. Sure, Jiwoo murdered Yangcha, but it was to please Seokjin. So it's his responsibility.

"You have to. You're being shallow," Taehyung warned as he tensed up in distress. I'm baffled, Seokjin is also his greatest rival. Without him, it's only us left. We'll live in peace, so what's the matter with him?

"I've always been stupid! You said you're used to it, so don't stop me-"

"I'm not stopping you! I'm doing this for you! How ignorant can you be?!" Taehyung snapped angrily at me as if he was expecting me to understand him right away. No matter how hard I tried to think it through, I still didn't get it.

"Let him live? For me? How is it good for me?!" I argued in anger. The only way I can live at ease is when Seokjin dies, and he's telling me I need to keep Seokjin alive?!

"It's not Seokjin! It's your parents!-"

"It's both of them! I know what I'm dealing with!" I interrupted Taehyung, causing him to fall silent. His dark eyes burned into mine as I glared at him. Breathing heavily, he slowly tilted his head to the side in frustration with his hands on his hips.

"Oh yeah? What happens when Seokjin dies? As crazy as it sounds- He's the reason your parents can't entirely restrain you," Taehyung lowly gritted at me.

"You're talking nonsense," I shook my head at him in disbelief. I tried to walk away, but he caught my arm and pinned me against the wall before slamming his hands on either side of my head. What is he- Slowly... Taehyung leaned forward with a lethal glare as he pushed his tongue against the side of his mouth.

"Seokjin is your parent's biggest threat. Your parents got the Mins under their control. So what happens when Seokjin dies? Your position as the supreme alpha will no longer threaten your life. Your life is no longer vulnerable because no one's powerful enough to threaten you anymore. And then what? You can only do whatever the fuck you want right now because your parent are afraid of losing you BECAUSE SEOKJIN'S ALIVE! As long as Seokjin stands, your life will always be in danger! And that's the only privilege you have to preserve your freedom! As soon as Seokjin dies, you'll be trapped. Your parents will do whatever they want, and you'll be weak because his death will guarantee your lifelong immunity. You'll end up like Yoongi. Powerless. You'll be your parent's puppet. Is that what you really want? As ironic as it sounds, the last thread of your freedom depends on Seokjin. You'll have to put your life on the line to save yourself from falling into your parent's grasp. Y-You're so focused on killing Seokjin- you've failed to see the trap set right in front of you! Do I have to go further? Or are you going to admit your foolishness?!" Taehyung snapped in frustration while glaring at me with his dark eyes. My heart sank at his words in realization. If I kill Seokjin... my parents won't be afraid of losing their only heir anymore... which means... I no longer have an excuse to threaten them. He's right... I'm stupid. They're only generous with me because they needed me alive... and without Seokjin... no one can hurt me. I even let them negotiate with the Mins... this can't be... ahhh I'm so fucked. Kim Seokjin is god's favorite, huh?! AISH! I'm so fucking frustrated!