Chapter 10

“Lucy!”

“Jenny! Hey! How was the rest of your weekend?”

“It was good. You?”

“Amazing! I’m glad we made up, I’ve missed you so much.”

“Me too!” Riiinngg. “And now we have to go to class,” I said.

I walked into first hour with pride, I did something not many people can do, I became friends with somebody who had betrayed me. People know we are friends again, because once again, I am being talked about. This time, though, it includes not only Jenny and Marcus, but also Cam and Courtney. This time, everybody is against Courtney and Marcus. They deserve it though, what they did is much worse, or well what Courtney did.

“Ahh, crap, Cam you scared me.”

“I’m sorry, baby.” He said as he gave me a kiss on the lips.

“It’s okay. You still coming over after school and hanging out with me and Jenny?”

“Yeah, of course, I need to get to know Jenny. I need to see if I can trust her with you and her being friends again.”

“Thanks. That means a lot, but I think you can trust her. From what I’ve heard, all of it was really Marcus’s fault any way, and that’s what Marcus said too.”

“I trust you and if you trust her, then I trust her too.”

“Okay class, turn your book to page 356,” said Mr. Hardgrove, “You need to review chapter 15 and we will test on it tomorrow! I hope y’all didn’t forget!”

“What?!” The classed chimed together.

“So you guys did forget? I should have suspected it. Y’all should know this pretty well.”

“That’s what you said on the last test and we all pretty much failed it,” said a guy on the front row.

“Ah, but this chapter is so much easier!”

“That’s true,” he replied.

I opened my book and started rereading the chapter. I did a terrible job at it though, Cam was being a distraction; wink, wink. It’s not his fault he is so cute though.

“Because of you, I am gonna have to bring this home and reread it again! You are such a distraction!” I said once the bell rang and we were in the hall.

“I’m sorry, but it’s not all my fault! You can be bit of a distraction too!” He winked.

“Eww, lovebirds, get out of my way.”

“Seriously, Marcus?”

“Just get out of my way.”

“Hey, be nice to her,” Cam said.

“Nobody tells me what to do, especially you.” Marcus said.

“Leave, now Marcus.” I said.

“No, I’m not down talking to your precious little boyfriend” He said raising his arms to push Cam.

“STOP! If you hurt Cam, that is hurting me, and you said you never wanted to hurt me again. So for the best of all of us, just leave before I come to the conclusion that I can ever forgive you!”

“Whatever,” Marcus said.

“Just leave her alone.” Cam said.

Marcus finally gave up and left. I’m so glad that didn’t go any farther, many people were beginning to gather. All I need after all of the drama so far this year is more talk of us on top of all the talk about us. When will everybody just forget about what happened between us?

***

Finally, home. This is where I needed to be after my day. Soon Jenny and Cam will be here and my day will be better. Jenny has the same Biology teacher as Cam and I so they are going to bring their books and are going to have a study session, and we need it, I can’t afford to fail another one of his test. I was searching through the kitchen cabinet when I felt my phone vibrate.

From: Cammy<3

Received at 4:56

-Hey baby, I’m sorry but I can’t come over today. I have to go to the city with my mom. I told her I was supposed to go over but there’s no way she is going to let me go. Sorry.

To: Cammy<3

-It’s okay! I still have Jenny; I guess we could use this time to catch up! Have fun with your mom! Tell her I said hi!

-She said hi back! Lol. I’ll text when I make it back home!

-Okie Dokie:)

At least Jenny is still coming over; it will give us time catch up. Now I just have to wait another hour until she said she can make it. I wonder what’s on TV?

So how was this chapter? Better worse? I can never write long chapters... I've tried! They all just may be short! Comment and tell me what you would like to see happen in the future!  Thank you to all who is actually reading this. I doubt many are.