Chapter 15

Okay so this is a really short chapter, but I have a gift for you! As soon as I post this, I have Chapter 16 ready to publish! I think this is a first, two chapters in one day!

I woke up in a good mood even though I knew I had to get up and get ready for school. Last night was wonderful; I’m friends with Marcus again, and he and Cam really get along. Even Jenny and Marcus are getting along well, even though she couldn’t stay, I knew everything between them has blown over. I will never get over the fact that he is going with Courtney, but I don’t think much of her any more, and Marcus knows us well enough not to mention her, which I am grateful for.

“Lucy, time to get up, you don’t wanna be late.” I heard my mom say from the kitchen. I was still on the couch, for I didn’t have enough energy to get up and go upstairs to my room.

“Yes, mom, I’m up.” I said, stretching.

“Careful there, you don’t wanna pull anything.” She said.

I then got up and headed to my room to get some clothes. Today felt like a sweats kind of day, so I grabbed a pair of my baggie sweats, and a t-shirt. I then walked across the hall and into the bathroom. I looked myself over in the mirror before I decided to get dressed.

After I was completely finished getting ready, I picked up my phone and searched through it like it was my own personal morning newspaper. Within five minutes, I got a text from Cam

Good Morning, beautiful thought Id pick u up this morning, if its okay with you.

Smiling at my phone, I responded. Of course, come pick me up. I can’t wait to see your amazing face:D

I locked my phone and grabbed a granola bar from the kitchen and grabbed my purse. I then walked over to my mom and gave her a hug.

“Cam is picking me up, he should be here any minute now. I love you.”

“Hey, baby, stay here for a second, I need to talk to you.”

“Yeah?”

“You and Cam sure have been spending a lot of time together lately, maybe a little bit too much time. Is there anything you need to tell me? Like are you sure you’re being safe?”

“Gahh, mom, I already told you, we haven’t done anything! Look, I love being with Cam, and I love him. I really do. I’ve never felt this way about another guy. Not even with Marcus. There is something different about Cam, a good different.”

“OK. I believe you, but remember, if you want to do something, talk to me first about it and we can reason, okay?”

“Okay, hey he is here, so I will talk to you later. I love you. Have a good day!”

I then gave my mom one last hug and kiss and ran outside. When I was in the truck, I buckled my seat belt, and then turned around to meet Cam’s eyes. While doing so, I was caught off guard by his lips meeting mine. Man, each time we kiss, it seems like I fall even harder for him.

“Well hello there.” He said.

“Hey. How are you?” I said.

“Even better now that you are here.” He said. He then puts the truck in drive and grabs my hand. We sat there, having small talk until we got to school. We then went to our lockers and noticed that we still had at least fifteen minutes until it was time for class to start, so we went into the student center, hand in hand, and went to find our friends.

“Hey, hey, hey” I said when I found Jenny. “How are you?”

“I’m good! And you?”

“Amazing! Hey Marcus.” I said.

“Hey you two.” He said.

We all just stood there, talking about last night, and how Jenny should have been there, and how Jenny felt left out and that we need to all hang out soon, together.

“We wiilll, I promise!” I said to her.

“Good.” Jenny said.

“Ahum, hey guysss.” I heard somebody say.

“Hey, baby!” Marcus said. At that, it all got awkward, but luckily the bell rang. Saved by the bell! I thought. Hey that’s an old tv show, been a while since I’ve seen that. We all walked in our own ways, Cam and I headed to science, and the rest heading to whatever class they had.