Chapter 16

“Okay… I can’t believe Courtney actually had the nerves to walk up to all of us.” I said.

“Yeah, I know!” Cam said.

“Okay class, quiet down. Open your books to chapter 7. It’s time to learn about meiosis.” Mr. Hargrove.

We all opened our books and pretended we were listening. Honestly, this is the most boring class ever. Nobody ever paid attention. This is the class I always do my thinking, and I sure have a lot to think about. First, what my mom had said before I left the house. I mean, I haven’t even thought about having sex with Cameron yet. I never even did it with Marcus… I haven’t done it with anybody yet. I just wonder if Cam is thinking about it… I’m not ready for one thing. I took the abstinence pledge in the 8th grade! Not like anybody even follows that anymore though.

When the bell rang, Cam and I gathered our stuff ad headed to gym. We went into separate locker rooms and then met back up on the other side. Today, Mr. Marsh had planned on us running… All hour.

“Are we hanging out tonight?” Cam asked, running alongside of me.

“Yeah, I think so. Just you and me or is Jenny and Marcus invited?” I asked. I would love some alone time with Cam, but with the gang back together, I miss it, and there is still plenty of catching up to do.

“Of course, anytime; I enjoy them being around.”

The rest of the hour we talked and ran. We talked about what we can do tonight, we talked about the running we were doing, and we talked about us. With ten minutes until the bell is going to ring, Mr. Marsh dismissed us to go get cleaned up.

~~~~~~~ Cameron’s P.O.V.~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the boys locker room. 2 hours down, 5 to go until I can get out of this hell hole. Luckily, I have Lunch, and the last two hours with Luce. I know this is cheesy, but I really do love Luce and love her being with me. She is the awesomest girl I’ve ever been with, and that is a lot of girls. I grabbed my stuff and headed out of the door to meet up with Luce before we had to go our separate ways.

“Hey, beautiful,” I said.

“Hey” Luce said. “I hate running days!”

“Me too! Well I will see you at lunch, okay? I love you.” I said, leaning down to kiss the top of her head.

“I love you too.”

We both walked our separate ways, her to Leadership, me to art. I was heading down the hall, when somebody got in my way.

“Hey. Can we talk?”

“Not right now, Courtney. I’m kinda trying to get to class.”

“Boo, hoo, I’m going to be late! Oh well, you will get over it. Look, I hate that y’all are excluding me on everything. We are friends.” She whined.

“No we aren’t. In case you didn’t know, you crossed the line with Luce, and because I care deeply about her, you crossed the line with me.”

Leaning in to me, Courtney said “Awe Cameron, you do have a soft side.” Putting her arm on me, she leaned in more. “I always knew you did. See the thing is, I’ve always been attracted to you. Too bad I’m with Marcus and you’re with Luce, I would totally get with you.”

“Yeah, too bad. Now if you wouldn’t mind, I’m trying to get to class.”

“Oh no you aren’t” She said, pushing me up against the wall with her body. “I am not done with you.” She raised her arm, and blocked me off with it against my chest.

“Get away” I said.

“No”

~~~~~Luce’s P.O.V.~~~~~

Oh crap, I thought to myself, I forgot to give Cam his phone back, it is still in my pocket.

I turned around and headed to the art room. Cam sure doesn’t want to go until lunch without it.  I sure wouldn’t. Walking down the hall, I dodge person after person, everybody running to class, trying not to be late. I don’t care if I’m late, it’s leadership and the teacher doesn’t care, everybody is always late to that class.

I rounded the corner, looking forward when I saw the more horrendous thing ever; Cam and Courtney kissing right in front of me. How could this happen to me. I grabbed Cam’s phone out of my pocket and chunked it right at him and then ran.

~~~~~Cam’s P.O.V~~~~~

“Ow! Ugh, my phone. GET OFF OF ME! Look what you did, Luce saw you kissing me, and now she thinks I did what Marcus did to her. Get off of me, and never come around me again! LUCE!! COME BACK! IT’S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!” I yelled. “PLEASE! IT WAS COURTNEY NOT ME!”

~~~~~Courtney P.O.V.~~~~~

Stage 1: Get together with Marcus. Complete

Stage 2: Break Cam and Luce up. Complete

Man is this year getting better and better. Now let’s see how Stage 3 is going to turn out. Make Luce loose everybody, including the whole school. I feel amazing right now.