Chapter 2

After fifth hour it is time for lunch. I don't feel like going off campus today so I head to the cafeteria. I grabbed my food and looked for a place to sit. When I see my friends and start to head in that direction. I stop when I see who is sitting at the table next to them, Marcus and his crew. The only seat left is the one closest to him and because I don't want to start any more drama for the day, I go outside to the tables.

          I notice that I am the only one outside, which is surprising since there are usually no places to sit out here. So I sit down at the table closest to the door and start eating my lunch. About five minutes later another girl walks out. I don't recognize her so she must either be a freshmen or new. I don't want her to feel left out and she seems nice so I asked her if she wanted to sit with me.

"Um, sure" She said

"My name is Lucy. What's yours?"

"Courtney"

"Well hi Courtney! I like that name. You know, I don't recognize you. What grade are you in?" I asked

"You don't recognize me because I am new. I'm a junior.

"So am I.  I've gone here all my life so I know where everything is, so if you need help with any thing I'm here for you!"

"Ok! That sounds wonderful! What are your next classes?"  It would be pretty cool if I have a class with her! So I made two new friends today! Maybe this year won't be so horrible after all!

"I have sixth hour History with Mr. Briggens and seventh hour English with Mrs. Harington"

"I have seventh hour with you! Sixth I have Algebra 2"

"Hey at least we have one class together! And the bell is going to ring soon so we should probably get going!"

"Ok! I'll see you seventh hour."

"See you seventh hour!" We gather our things and we start heading to class. I can't help but smile, my day may have started out bad, but it's going good now! I thought that too quick though. Sixth hour has Marcus in it.

"Lucy." Dragged Marcus.

"Marcus" I said all smug like. I'm not going to let him ruin the rest of my day. I take the seat farthest from him and lay my books down. When I sat down, everybody started whispering about Marcus and me, even him. I thought about rushing out of the door, but then a miracle happen. Cam walked through.

"Hey Lucy!" He said as he took the seat next to me.

"Hi" I said all quiet like.

"What's wrong? You sound sad." He as if he really meant it.

"Yeah it is just... well... um... well he is in here, Marcus"

"Oh, I heard about that. How could he do that to you?"

"Yeah, I bet you did. It seems like everybody has. They have been talking about it all day."

"I don't get why he would cheat on you. You are gorgeous with your brown hair and ocean blue eyes."

"Um, thanks." I hope I'm not blushing and man was that a little weird.

"Hey don't worry I will protect you from him." He said as he winked at me. Ok, now I know for certain that I am blushing!

"Thanks, but I think I can handle him. All I need is someone to keep him off my mind. Could you do that for me?"

"Of course I can! That's what friends are for."

          So Cam is a little straight forward for someone I just met. I guess that is ok though. He seems sweet and caring, and I could certainly use a new friend in my life right now and he is the perfect guy for it.