Chapter 19

Again, another short chapter, I am sorry about that! But... the story is almost over... I have a few chapters left! Please comment, vote and share! I love y'all! 

~~~~~~~~~~Cam’s P.O.V.~~~~~~~~~~

I was on my way to pick up Jenny. She said she may have a plan on how we can get not only Marcus to see that what happened was Courtney fault, not mine, but also Luce. If we can somehow get Courtney to admit to what she did, and somehow get it on tape, we can show Marcus. When Marcus sees that I was telling the truth, hopefully he can talk to Luce, if not, then we may just have to use the recording with her too. I finally arrived to Jenny’s house and honked my horn. Within a minute, she was climbing into the passenger seat. Operation Save My Relationship is under go.

“Okay, so I had talked to Courtney, and I had asked if we can meet in the food court at the mall.” I said to Jenny.

“Okay. Make sure you sit somewhere where there is one of those miniature fake trees so she won’t be able to see me.” Jenny responded.

“Okie dokie. Is your phone charged and ready for use?” I asked.

“Yes sir, it sure is.” She said.

“Okay. Just make sure you record it and you don’t interrupt us. Just one thing. I know her way too well. When she does finally admit it, still don’t show yourself. If she sees you, she will find a way to make the recording disappear.” I explained.  I sure hope this works.

“Okay, I will make sure of that.”

When we got there, we walked in separated just in case Courtney sees us and doesn’t think we came together. I walked into the food court, ordered me some Sonic, and sat down in a booth by a wall with plants on top of it, Jenny on the other side. She said she would place her phone on record on top of the wall when we start talking about what happened. I was playing on my phone when I heard someone slam down a tray. I looked up and saw Chinese food.

“Hello Cameron Whiteside.”

“Courtney Paige.” I said, using her last name like she used mine.

“I heard you and Lucy broke up, how come?” She said, acting like she was really caring, but you could see the smirk on her face.

“Oh you know.” I said, showing the aggression in my voice.

“Oh right, the kiss. Of course. Poor little Luce having to go through the same thing again, this time with you instead of Marcus.” She said, her smirk getting bigger.

“You know, you not only wrecked my relationship, but you put yours in jeopardy by kissing me.” I said, trying to get it out of her.

“Like Marcus will find out I cheated on him. Seriously, I don’t even like him. I’m only dating him to make her jealous. That’s the only reason why I kissed you. I knew she was coming, so I made it look like you kissed me and not me kiss you. I knew you would never cheat on her, so I had to do it the long way.” Wow, she admitted it. Now we have proof that was easy. Now I just need to get away from her.

“Well you achieved your goal. Luce thinks it was my doing, not yours. You know what, meeting you here was a bad choice. I’m leaving. I can’t stand what you did. I was just going to see if you would talk to her about it, saying that it was you, not me, but I can see I can’t do that. I’m just going to have to try and talk to her.” I said.

“Whatever, I’m leaving too. Goodbye.” And with that she left.

“You can come over here now.” I said to Jenny when I saw Courtney exit the food court.

“I can’t believe that worked! I know for a fact that we can prove your innocence! Should we tell Marcus first, or should we go to Luce right away?” She asked.

“Let’s go to Marcus first, just in case something happens to the recording.”

“Okie dokie, boss!” She said in an excited way.

We pulled up to Marcus’s house and walked up to his front door. We knocked a few times and was about to give up when Marcus opened the door.

“We have proof.” I said before Marcus could say anything. He then stepped aside and opened the door wider, inviting us in his home.

“So this is how Luce felt when I did that to her… Gah I such a douche.” Marcus said after hearing the recording. “I have to say man, well done. I honestly didn’t believe you, but now I have no choice. I’m sorry dude.”

“Hey, it’s fine. All I need you to do, is help us convince Luce. Can you do that?”

“Sure man, anything.” Marcus said. “Oh and Jenny, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, Marcus. Like Luce, I forgive you too.”

Jenny and I got back in my truck and Marcus got in his, following me to Luce’s house. I just pray to God that this will work… I just don’t know what I would do if she didn’t believe me, Marcus, Jenny, or the recording! I will try whatever it takes.