Chapter 6

When I woke up this morning, I felt refreshed. The first thing I did, was check my phone; 10:30, not bad. It’s Sunday and it’s already too late to get ready and go to church, so I texted Cam and Court and laid there for a while. I was zoning out when I heard my phone vibrate against my dresser and I checked to see who it was.

Hey kid:)

Received: 11:15 from: Cammy:)

-What’s up?

-Not much, at church. You?

-Laying down. I woke up too late to go.

-I was sad you weren’t here! It’s boring without my Luce!

-Maybe we can hang out when you get out? The park maybe?

-We should! Well I am getting stares at because I am texting in church! Figures! Lol! So I will text you when it is over. I’ll pick you up okay!

-Okay! See you then!

       For another 45 minutes, I was in my room trying to decide what to wear. I looked and looked for something. I wanted to find the perfect outfit, one that said, hey I like you and I want to go out with you but I don’t want you to get the wrong idea of me before we even start dating! I decided on something similar to what I was wearing yesterday, capris and this time a nice blue t shirt with a cool design and flip flops. I then put my hair in a ponytail.

“She’s country

From her cowboy boots to her down home roots

She’s country

From the songs she plays to the prayers she prays

Tha-“

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey! You ready?! I’m on my way!” Cam said.

“Yeah! I am! I’ll be outside!” and within a couple of minutes he was outside in front of my house. I hope all goes well today! Who knows, maybe our friendship may go to the next level.

          When I open the door to Cam’s four door black 2012 Ford F-150, he had the radio tuned into Country, my favorite! He looked pretty handsome in his church clothes. He was wearing a blue button down shirt with a matching tie and black dress pants and black shoes. He had on a smile that just made my heart melt.

“Hey, you mind running by my place? I kinda wanna change before we head to the park.”

“Yeah! I don’t mind,” I said.

“My parents aren’t home, so you can either stay in the truck or go inside. Doesn’t matter to me, whatever you feel more comfortable doing.”

“I wouldn’t mind seeing the inside of your house!”

“Okay! I guess we are going in!”

          It was about another ten minutes before we got to his house. The ride was way more comfortable than I thought it would be. We didn’t talk about much but we did talk. I have to admit, it felt different without Courtany with us, but I like it.

“You can stay in the living room if you want.” Cam said as we walked through the front door of his house.

“Okay. Hurry up, please,” I said as I looked at my surroundings. His living room was very welcoming. He lives in a two story house that is beautiful. The first thing you see when you walk in is a portrait of him and his mom, dad, brother and sister. By the looks of it, he is the eldest of the three of them. The living room is also very open, you can see straight to the halls, the stair case, the kitchen and the dining room. I sat on the brown leather couch and pulled out my phone to check my Facebook. About five minutes later, Cam was running down the stairs and rushing to me like a bull in a china closet.

“Hey girl, are you ready!”

“Don’t do that to me again! You scared me! But yeah, I’m ready!”

“Awe, I scared my poor Lucy-Boo.”

“Yes you did, thank you captain obvious.”

“You are most very welcome lieutenant sarcasm.” 

“Whatever,” I said as we walked towards the door. When he got there, he opened the door for me and put his hand on my lower back and directed me through the door. Once we were both out of the house, he opened my door to his truck and helped me up. Then he jogged around to the other side and got in.

“To the park!” He said as he pulled out of the drive way.

          Once we got there, we headed straight for the swings. We started seeing who could get the highest in shorted amount of time. We were laughing so hard, we had tears streaming down our face. We then found out who got the highest, me!

“Ha! I won, and you lost!”

“You cheated, it’s not fair!”

“How did I cheat?”

“I don’t know, but I do know you did somehow!”

          We stopped swinging our legs and we slowing down. We were just starting intently into each other’s eyes. He then reached out and grabbed my hand and I looked down at it and blushed. We were now in sync with each other and about to completely stop. Then, I suddenly put my feet in the sand and face him. We were probably staring at each other for a minute before he finally started leaning in. We moved closer and closer together as our eyes closed and our lips embraced each other. It was a nice soothing kiss that we didn’t go too far on. We then parted and looked straight in my eyes.

“Lucy, will you be my girlfriend?”

“Yes!” and with that, he gave me another kiss and we started swinging again, hand in hand until it was too dark too see each other. We then got in his truck and he took me home. He walked me to the door gave me a goodnight kiss and left. I opened my door to my room, closed it, and leaned up against it and sighed a happy sigh. My phone then starts to vibrate as I looked at my phone to read my text.

Cammy:)

Received 9:15 P.M.

Goodnight Lucy! See you tomorrow:)

-Goodnight Cammy! I can’t wait to see you tomorrow:)