Chapter 1

As I walk through the maroon doors of Ada High, I see a couple of my friends talking in the student center, so I take a deep breath and walk over to them. I decide to jump into their conversation but hurriedly changed my mind when I hear what they are talking about. The "it story", the "major spring event", the "killer heartbreak story", Marcus, Jenny and me.

"I can't believe that Marcus would cheat on Lucy like that! They were perfect for each other" Caitlyn said. She's the friend that everyone goes to for a shoulder to cry on. She cares even if it is a stupid reason.

"And with Jenny! See that makes it worse!" That was Amber. She's the one who gets angry when drama over break ups starts up. She's a wonderful friend but she can get way to out of hand.

"She was her best friend! Lucy must be devastated!" Ah, Elizabeth, the quiet one. She only speaks up when her friends are in trouble. Whether it is something like detention, homework or break ups. You got to love her.

"Speaking of Lucy, here she comes." Said Amber. She hates talking about things like that when the person walks up

"Hey guys." I said. "What are y'all talking about?" Ok maybe I did jump into the conversation, I'm desperate.

"Oh you know. Just some stuff" Amber said annoyed.

"I can't believe that people are talking about me and Marcus! It was just a break up!" I said so I can see if people really are talking about it.

"I know they need to stop! Even though you guys were the biggest couple on campus they just need to get over it! The sooner the better!" Exclaimed Caitlyn.

"I know. It's the past and everyone needs to get over it! So I still need to go to my locker so I will catch up with y'all later." I walked away and I hoped that they would also part ways and get ready for class but the chattering just started back up about the break up. They weren't the only ones though, almost everyone was talking about it. That's what I get for dating the quarterback, I guess.

          I maneuvered into the crowd of student to try to hide from any unwanted presence; unfortunally, I failed. As I turn the corner, I see Marcus and Jenny scrunched up in the corner away from the crowd. I start to turn around in hopes that they won't see me, but I also failed on that.

"Lucy! Wait I need to talk to you!" yelled Jenny, "Please? I'm sorry!"

"If you were sorry, Jenny, you wouldn't be going out with Marcus! Dude! Seriously, why? Wait don't answer that I don't want to know!"

"Hey, hey girls calm down!" Marcus said with the biggest smirk on his face. Of course he wouldn't care what he did to me. He doesn't care about me anymore. All he cares about is Jenny, Jenny and Jenny.

"You know what Marcus? You calm down! How could you do this to me? I can't take it. I loved you!" I still do actually but I'm not going to tell him that. He will feel proud of himself, way too proud. I can't take it! I'm starting to cry right here in front of them! I can't show that I am weak!

"Hey, I'm sorry. Could you please stop crying?" Whispered Marcus. I didn't stop crying. I couldn't. So after about a minute of still crying Marcus reached over and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" I knocked his hand off and started to walk away, but I got around the corner I collapsed in a ball, crying my eyes out. What a horrible first day back to school. He didn't even follow to check up on me like he always did!

***

          It was finally about time to go to first hour, Science. I have 10 minutes to my locker and go to the classroom for Science with Mr. Hargrove. I walk through the door and hold my breath, great, we have assigned seat. I hate it when they do that! Just because we just came back from vacation doesn’t mean we are gonna be too terribly loud.

          I see a name plate with my name on it in the back corner by the window. At least I get a view of what's going on outside. I check the name plate next to mine to see who is seated by me. "Cameron". I don't know him, maybe he is new. When the bell rung for class to start, a tall, tan guy with blond hair and blue eyes walked in.

"You’re late! You must be Cameron Whiteside. Go take your seat. It’s the only one left." I wonder if he can tell I've been crying. I hope not, because if he can he will probably ask me what's wrong and I don't want to tell him or even start thinking about it.

          The bell finally rung to tell us class is over and Cameron didn't even talk to me once. At least I know he didn't notice that I was crying. So I grab my notebook and book and start to head to my locker. After stepping about 5 feet from the class I hear "Um Lucy, right?" Said Cameron.

"Oh! You scared me! I wasn't expecting anyone to talk to me! Yeah that's my name, what's up?"

"Do you know where the gym is?"

"Yeah! Of course, that is actually my next class! Let me put my stuff in my locker and I'll show you were it is!"

"Thanks. It would be nice to actually know someone in that class!"

"Well you know me! Your name is Cameron right?

"Yeah but you can call me Cam. It's shorter and I like it better!"

"Ok Cam!"

          Gym class is ok. I'm not the best coordinated person in the world. Mr. Marsh is always reminding us that this class is not going to be an easy A, hopefully I will pass this class with at least a C.