Chapter 7

So it has been a while since I have updated… Sorry! I have been so busy!

          When I woke up the next morning, I had the biggest grin on my face. Last night was wonderful; he finally asked me out. He is one of the sweetest, nicest guys I know and he is mine! It just makes me smile thinking about it! I got out of bed and headed to my dresser and picked up my brush and bushed my hair. I then walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. I opened the cabinet and grabbed me a chocolate fudge Pop Tart and put it in the toaster. Once it went “pop”, I grabbed it and went to my room. As I ate, I pulled on sweatpants and a t-shirt and grabbed my sweatshirt, it’s just one of those days. I felt happy and I should feel comfortable. I am so happy I don’t have to try for Cam.

          I sat in my room for a couple more minutes and went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my bag, purse, and keys and headed to the door to go to my car. I twisted the door knob and the best surprise was waiting for me.

“Good morning, beautiful!” Cam said as he embraced me in a hug. “How did you sleep?”

“Good morning to you too, Cammy! I slept well! How about you?” I asked.

“I slept amazing knowing I finally have you as my girlfriend. I’ve been wanting to ask you out since the first I met you, I just didn’t know how. You had just broke up with Marcus, and I really wanted to know you first.”

“Honestly, if you had asked me out on the first day we met, I would have said yes. I don’t know why, but something about you just rills me in,” I admitted to myself more than I did to him.

“Really?”

“Yeah!” With that, he leaned down and gave me a soft, lingering kiss.

“So I was thinking,” he said “how about I start picking you up for school?”

“Okay! Sounds good to me! Saves me gas, and the air.” I said as I gave small laugh.

“Very true.”

          Hand in hand, we walked to the passenger side of his truck as he opened my door and helped me in.

“Thank you” I said.

“You are most very welcome”.

          He then ran to his side and put the key in ignition. When the radio responded after a few seconds, the song “Blown Away” by Carrie Underwood came on.

“Turn it up! I love this song” I said. So he pushed the button on his steering wheel to turn it up and all the way to school, we sang along with Carrie, one of us better than the other. When we pulled into the parking lot, we looked at each and we thought the same thing, though I spoke it.

“So are we going to tell Courtany that we are going out, or just let her figure it out?”

“Let’s see if she figures it out. If she hasn’t figured it out by tomorrow, then we will tell her.”

“Okie dokie, sounds good to me.”

We climbed out of his truck and walked hand in hand to the school. We park in the junior lot, and because we aren’t in English, Band, Vocal, and other things held in the music building, we have a little ways to go. We went in through the doors through by the office and headed straight for the junior lockers. When we turned the corner, Courtany was there.

“Hey guys! What’s up? Y’all are holding hands. Are y’all dating now?” She said in monotone.

“Ha, yeah. It’s amazing huh!” I said as I looked up  at Cam.

“Yeah it sure is.” Courtany said in a voice that made me think she wasn’t excited. “Well I have to go retake a test so I will catch up with you later!”

“Okay, see you later!” I said.

“That was weird.” Cam said after she walked away. “She didn’t even act happy for us.”

“I know. I wonder what her problem is?”

“Me too, hun. Me too.”