Prologue

Hey Y'all!! So I am new at this, and I seriously doubt many people will read this! So if y'all will, please comment or message me in ways that I can improve on this! Thank you!

        Today is the first day back to school from spring break. My vacation was horrible. There were some of those days where I had the most fun I've ever had, but in general it was just plain horrible. My boyfriend of almost two years, Marcus, cheated on me with my best friend, Jenny. How could they? She knew I was dating him and he knew I was unconditionally in love with him; but that didn't stop them two!

          It all started when Marcus was too busy to hang with me. "I have to hang out with my family" or "I have work". Now those I understood, that's life! The one I didn't understand though was "I have to babysit". He's never had to babysit before. There's no one for him to babysit. I never really started to think about it until it all started with Jenny a week or two later. She had the same exact excuses!

          It was a humid, sunny day in March, somewhere in the middle, and I was frantically trying to find something to do, and since I heard there were good ones out, I decided to go see a movie. I walked through the shiny glass doors of Cinema 6 when a wave of fresh popped popcorn hit me. After about 25 minutes of being there, everything started to fall apart.

 Marcus is about 5 foot 9 inches. He has brown hair, brown eyes and is built like a football player, but not just any football player but the football player! The team captain and quarterback. He is not stuck up like your typical football player, or at least I thought that until he started cheating on me. He was sweet, charming and he cared. Jenny is about 5 foot 4. She has red hair and hazel eyes. She has tan skin and freckles and all the guys think she is attractive. Then there is me, Lucy. I am 5 foot 3 and I have brown hair and blue eyes. I am tan and somewhat smart.

          Jenny, Marcus and I are all juniors in High school this year. Jenny and I have been friends since the third grade and Marcus and I have been going out since freshmen year. This is going to be a very interesting first day of school today. Hopefully I can handle it.