Crippled

The rest of the night went normally and was peaceful. At least for me. I can't lie, I teased Tim about the tub incident ALL night.  That was until I fell asleep of course. The bed was incredibly comfortable, so I was out in seconds, and since I woke up to the comforting shade of the curtains I assume Tim was thinking smart this morning. I stretched out my limbs before grabbing my phone from the nightstand. There were no messages which was was odd, but seeing as I just woke up I shook it off.

I opened up the curtain and stepped out of the bed for my feet to be met with the cold floor. Which strangely didn't bother me. It was actually refreshing. As I made my way to the closet I made sure that Tim wasn't in the bathroom.

We don't want another incident now do we?
Once I saw that the coast was clear I went into the closet and picked out some random clothes . I honestly didn't care what I looked like right now. I don't even know what going on today. So why care? I can always change later anyway.

I placed my clothes on the sink counter and turned on the shower. I quickly stripped down, brushed my teeth and hair before walking into the, once again, huge shower.

I hummed as I felt the luke-warm water hit my skin. I don't like to take hot showers in the morning because then I just get sleepy again. Plus cold showers are only okay sometimes. Like if it's been a REALLY hot day, and you've been outside for the most of it.

After I finished lightly washing myself, I turned off the shower and dried off. I grabbed my clothes and slipped on my underwear and bra before my shorts and shirt. I looked myself in the mirror nodding my head.
"I didn't do to bad."

I had grabbed some green, comfortable shorts and a black tee with spaghetti straps. On the shirt it said:
Queen.
Which I loved because it could mean the band or just me in general. So I did pretty good.

As I walked to the kitchen I ran my fingers through my damp hair, not wanting a bunch of tangles later. But as I got closer to the kitchen I could hear someone whispering. As I walked around the corner I saw Tim whispering into his phone. I raised my eyebrow as I snuck back over to the corner.

"Well is she- have you caught hi- Well Bruce what the hell am I supposed to tell Syreana?!"

My eyes widened at Tim's tone. He's never spoke like that unless something really bad happened, or someone took his coffee *cough Dick cough*.

"So what you want her to find out when she gets back? I think we all know that's a stupid plan Grayson! She'll find out sooner than we think, and then she'll be super angry at us. So then not only will Joker have to, but we will have to face her fury to!"

That's when I decided to walked around the corner once again.
"Damn right."
I said, making Tim almost drop his phone.
He looked at me nervously. Which made me raise my eyebrow once more.
"Now,"
I said in a stern tone.
"What the hell happened?"

"You have to promise not to blame yourself Anna. Just-,"

"What happened?"
I asked once more in a demanding tone.

Tim let out a defeated sigh.
"Barbara was shot."
My eyes widened, my mind filling with so many questions. Until one hit the surface hard.

"Who did it?"

Tim stepped forward with his hand out, reaching out to touch my shoulder. I back away from his touch.
"Who?"

Tim looked at me with sad eyes.
"Joker,"
I took in harsh breath as my mind started spinning.
"He shot her yesterday and took Gordon hostage. She's paralyzed from the waist down."