Side by side

Flashback

______________****______________

My breath was heavy and my body was hot. Sweat dripped off of my body as I stood steadily in one spot, eyes closed, listening. I stayed completely still, only concentrating on my breathing and hearing my surroundings. It stayed this way for a few seconds before I heard something to my right.

I moved my shoulder to the side quickly, and grabbed to hand that belongs to the source of the sound. I used the force of their body to flip them over, then placing them in an arm lock. That's when I felt the person move their other arm back roughly. My head turned slightly before whipping back. I somersaulted backwards off of the body.

  That's when I heard many footsteps. Running straight to me if I'm being specific.

  I felt cool air on my face and moved it swiftly. Then I swung my leg toward the direction of the air. I felt the quick skim of skin on my foot.

Slow

  I quickly swung my arm forward forcefully hitting the persons own arm. I caught both of theirs with mine and used this time to kick them back once again. My body flew forward with theirs, but I made sure to lean back as my much as possible, so I wouldn't fly off of them. A large thud flooded the room after the fall and a groan followed after it.

"You were slow." I remarked, breathing heavily as I sat up with my eyes finally open.

I had let the arms that were in my hands go as I did, and they trailed up to my waist.

"Yeah, yeah I know." He scoffed as his signature smirk appeared, "As long as I can beat Grayson's ass I'm perfectly fine. This was just to help you let off some steam."

I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck and looking down into his icy, blue eyes. "Well thank you, it did help."

After patting his chest I stood up, stretching my limbs out as I did. I walked over to the tiny table to the right and picked up two water bottles Alfred had left us.

"Here," The bottle flew from my hands toward him which he had no trouble catching.

He whispered a thank you before guzzling down the liquid, and I followed suit only being a tiny bit slower. After finishing our drinks both of us sighed in contempt. We both turned our heads to glance at each other, only for us to laugh of course. It was hilarious how sync we were sometimes.

"So what happened this time? It had to be bad for you to be this worked up." He comments as we walk out of the Gym into the hallway. "I mean we have been training for...," he looks down to glance at his watch, "two hours now."

"He was Lex. Simple as that. He can actually be quite flattering when he wants to be-,"

He made a gagging sound beside me, making me chuckle. I rolled my eyes.

"He can! It's just that- he-," I scoffed, " Any time he's bored or having a bad day himself he likes to mess with people. Especially me and that just- oh I swear. I really wanted to punch him today." I raved, fist clutched as I do.

I can hear his stifled laughter beside me, and I pout. "You know if you're going to tease me about this I-,"

"No," he shook his head while waving his hand softly. Anyone could tell he was trying to get his composure back. "No, I'm not going to tease you. I just find it funny how you can stay perfectly calm in an alien invasion or something, and this is what works you up."