Tragedy

Age: 16
Jason age: 15

It's been a year, and Jason was adjusting to this new way of life a well as he could. He was doing well apart from one thing. Jason had an anger problem. I blame it on his past. He didn't have the best parents just like me. We have both talked about our pasts to each other. His parents took quite a tole on him. I can still remember talking to him about how we don't have to become our parents. That was his biggest fear after all.

Memory:

"Bri I'm scared that I'll end up like them."
Jason admitted.

I rubbed his shoulder.
"Jason, Parents can have a huge influence on who you become, but that doesn't mean they actually make you who you are. If you prove that you can be better than them, that only shows how strong you are."

Jason looked at me with glossy eyes.
"Please promise me you'll always be with me Bri. I can't survive without you."

My lower lip twitched. I took those word to heart.
"I promise Jay. I'll always be there for you."
I gave him a small smile before hugging him.

"I love you."
Jason whispered in my ear, him now being as tall as me because of growth spurts.

"I love you too Jay."

End of memory

Over the year we became inseparable, and told each other everything.
I've even told him about my parents abusive behavior among other thing...

When I told him he was angry that had happened to me. We've become very close as you can tell, and he's become very protective over me. If anyone, he doesn't know, even lays a finger on me he sends them a look that could kill.

Especially Lex Luther when we're discussing business plans, etc.

Now Dick is protective of me as well, but not as nearly as much as Jason. It can get out of hand sometimes. Jason's anger problems only grew with age sadly. All the testosterone wasn't helping either. The only one who could ever calm him down was me. He immediately apologized when I told him he went to far. He trusts me indefinitely. I know because he told me so.

Though when I was out of town for a Wayne enterprises meeting in metropolis, I found out Jason did something terrible. Well I'm not totally sure he did it. Bruce just speculated.
When I was away Jason found out about a man named Felipe Garzonas. He was rapist that escaped punishments for his crimes because of his diplomatic immunity. Apparently Bruce believes Jason Todd forced him to jump off a building. But of course Jason claims that Felipe was just startled and fell of the building, balcony by accident.

The only thing that concerns me about this whole situation is...
I know Jason's feelings about rapists and murders. He hates them tremendously. So if his anger did get the best of him, I honestly can't say that he wouldn't do that. But I left that whole situation alone. I wasn't there to see anything, so I honestly couldn't say anything about it anyway. Though I made sure to keep a better eye on Jason.

But we never grew apart.

We were still inseparable.

Dick would say that we were soulmates, and
I wouldn't disagree.

Though Dick being himself, he also had to insinuate romance. I would simply shake my head at him and chuckle, but Jason would blush and smack Dick's head. Which made me laugh even more.

I had thought about Jason that way.

I loved him in many ways, but he was taken from me before I could do anything about it.