A BABY IN THE GLADE?~ GALLY

I took the final turn and entered the glade, feeling great to be back. I sucked in a deep breath as my feet touched the grass, slightly panting from the run. I looked up expecting to see my boyfriend Gally waiting for me like he usually does, but was met with emptiness. No one, not even a single person was in sight. I threw my runner's pack on the ground and walked across the glade. My eyebrows furrowed and I looked around searching for the boys. I heard faint noises coming from the council hall and ran towards it.

I opened the door and was met with boys frantically trying to look for something. Some were just stood there, stunned to silence and this made me even more confused. I made my way towards the crowd, and what I saw made me gasp. A kid, no, a baby, probably over 6 months was sat on a chair. No one saw me come in as everyone was busy trying to get him to stop crying.

The baby was the cutest thing, I'd ever seen. He had growing dirty-blond hair. His big eyes were closed as he screamed and cried. He was not too weak or fat, just healthy for his age. I gently picked him and rocked him back and forth, and started singing a song,

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away.

I repeated over and over again till I heard soft snores coming from the baby. It was then, I realized every single person in the room was quiet and watching me in amazement as I continued to sway slightly. Gally put his arm around my shoulder and looked at the baby in complete adoration.

"How did this happen?" I asked in a hushed tone, turning my attention at Alby who was now standing next to me. He sighed and said,

"He came this morning. Thought we'd get another boy, never expected a baby to be here. He had this note with him, said, 'Take care of little Isaac. He is 6 months year old.' He's been crying ever since, it's a miracle you got him to stop. Must be your motherly instincts." I chuckled and nodded,

"Maybe they are."

At night, I laid down Isaac on a crib, which Gally built today. I kissed his forehead, and whispered, "Sweet dreams, my love."

I lay down on my bed with my head resting on Gally's chest. I listen to his heartbeat making me calm from all the stress. My mind was still buzzing with thoughts, while my heart was burning with anger and sadness. How can someone be so cruel, to put a baby here? This thought had made me burst into tears.

"Hey honey?" Gally asked in a soft voice, half-asleep. I hummed in response, waiting for him to continue.

"Do you think that maybe we can have our own, after or if we get out of here?"

"Did you just indirectly proposed to me, Gally?" I joked and waited for his reaction.

"Pfffft No." He paused, "But did you like it?"

"I loved it" I smiled and continued, "And yes, we will have our own when we get out of here." Even in the dark, I could see his face turn into a huge grin and half-closed eyes lit up, once before closing and sleep engulfed him. I couldn't help but smile to myself.

Even though, things weren't exactly the best, him being here meant the world to me. His heartbeat calmed down my nerves and made him feel safer than I'd ever felt before. I could feel my eyes drooping, as I pressed a small kiss on his cheek murmuring a small 'goodnight'. I could see his face turn into a small smile. With that I fell asleep with a smile on my face, into a black abyss.