BIRTHDAY {AU} ~GALLY!

I woke up to the sun peeking through my window and gentle sounds of birds chirping. It took me a minute, to realize that it was my birthday! I never really understood the point of celebrating them. I mean, what exactly are we celebrating? Surviving another year? I shook the thoughts aside and decided, No matter how much I find these pointless, today's gonna be my day!

--------TIME SKIP BECAUSE NO OFFENCE BUT I REALLY DON'T CARE---------

After, I got up and ready for the day, I decided to call my family. I lived alone in an apartment, away from home, so I couldn't go home anytime, I wanted to. After sometime i bid my goodbyes to them and sat down to celebrate my ideal birthday. You see, my ideal birthday is different than most people's. They wish to party all day or go out, but I just want my birthday to be peaceful where I can just lay down read, listen to music or watch movies all day. 

So, I decided to do exactly it. I was on the couch reading peacefully, when the doorbell rung off. I walked to the door expecting my pizza I ordered. I opened the door, and am immediately blindfolded by something. I scream, thrash and punch everything I can. "HEY! HEY! CALM DOWN IT'S ME!" I hear a familiar voice shout. "Teresa? What the hell are you doing?" I asked my best friend. We have been friends forever. She even used to live with me before she decided to move in with her boyfriend Thomas. "You didn't really think I'll forget your birthday now, did you?" I could feel the smirk on her face. 

"I don't want a party Teresa!"

 "Well too bad, you're getting one. Now, silently follow me or else I'll force you." 

"Ughh! Fine. Just remove this thing from my eyes. I promise I won't run." I raise my hands in surrender as to prove my point. After some arguments, she finally gives in and remove the cloth. As promised, I silently follow her. She walks down the hall and I realize, "Why are we going to Sonya and Harriet's?" I asked, slightly confused. They both were my friends, but not as good as Teresa and I. To be fair, no one was. She ignored me and kept walking.

We finally reached their apartment door. Teresa knocked urgently and moments later, Sonya and Harriet both opened the door and gave Teresa a curt nod. They wished me birthday and speed walked from the apartment. Strange. I thought. Teresa entered the house and sat me down in front of the dressing table. "What are we even doing?" I asked frustrated.

She sighed and looked back at me.

"Making you ready for the party." She says in a 'duh' tone. 

"Can't I wear something less fancy?" I point at the dress. 

"Umm. No? It's your party and gotta look like it is!" There's no point in arguing with her, so I change the topic, 

"Who else is going to be there in spite of Sonya, Harriet and you?"

 "The usual. I didn't invite many people  because I know you hate crowds. So, Sonya, Harriet, Newt, Thomas, Aris, Minho, Gally, Frypan and Brenda." As, I heard Gally's name, my breath hitched. I paused for a minute, looked her dead in the eye and demanded,  "Make me look like I own the damn place." I gave her a stern look which she returned with a smirk. 

"On it princess."

-----FEW MINUTES LATER----

After Teresa helped me get ready, we went back to our apartment. Before she opened the door, she turned to me, "Listen. This is supposed to be a surprise party, so act a little surprised. Please."

"Whatever" 

She grunted in response and mumbled something under her breath. But, I didn't bother asking what. She opened the door, and I was immediately bombarded by hugs and birthday wishes. I simply smiled saying, "thank you" or "you didn't have to do that". After that we all got settled down and the party started.