|2||19| A little closer

Start from the beginning

"Seriously? Not even in elementary school did you go to one?"

"No. After Inoka died Hakusho pulled me from school right after. Didn't even mentally recover from the shock when he began his experiments." Katsuki frowned staring at him. It was silent for some minutes before Yoshito took notice of the look on his brother's face.

"You can ask me anything you know. What's done is done. I won't run from your questions." Yoshito smiled softly setting his tea down as he stood and sat on the floor before Katsuki "Ask away."

Katsuki hesitated. He didn't want to bring up bad memories. He knew that feeling. That feeling of drowning in unwanted thoughts is so unpleasant but still...he wanted to know. He wanted to understand what he and Shiyoko went through. He went through it for longer so he had more pain, and Katsuki wanted to help rid them.

That's what a hero does, right?

"When...when were you first experimented on?" The question made his mouth dry. How could he ask such a thing? But he needed to know.

"When I was five."

"What...what did he...?"

"Brain enhancer. Don't know how he got it but it was an injection to enhance the process of your brain. When I got it, I stopped thinking like a five years old. I understood what I shouldn't have and forgot I was a child at times. That made him teaching me much easier so no school."

"Was that all he did before Aoimoku?"

"No. He tried to enhance my quirk with a drug, but it was unfinished and I was able to reject it. Because I rejected it, he would train me none stop. We never used our pool in the back again. So we'd go to the beach and he'd carry me out to the deep part of the water where my feet was no where near the ground."

"That fucker tried to drown you!?"

"Hai. It didn't work. He couldn't do it. The fear of drowning wasn't in only my head. It was in his too. So he'd hold onto me with a rope and make me float in the water. If waves crashed into me he'd order me to stop them. That went on until I was seven and finally got a wave to stop mid-way. "

"He kept training you for years didn't he? Did he ever force you to do something?" Yoshito grimaced that memory still in his head.

"Yeah...drown my neighbors. I mastered a lot of my quirk by the time I was eight. Controlling water was like second hand now. Sensing water from within a person and around me for miles came easy too. And my neighbors were the first people I tested it on. I hated it. Watching them drown. It was like watching Inoka all over again...but he...he enjoyed it. Calling it revenge.

He wanted them to know how she felt while they cowered behind the fence and watched. I was angry at them too, but killing them never crossed my mind. I hated myself after and I lost my emotions. I drowned myself."

"You what...?" Katsuki gasped. Eyes wide.

" Yeah, I drowned myself but I didn't die." Yoshito sighed, his eyes flashed showing the activation of his quirk. He lifted his hand to touch Katsuki but it turned to water only soaking Katsuki's hand.

"I...I unlocked a part of my quirk with my suicide attempt. Hakusho didn't think I was trying to kill myself. He thought it was part of training. That fear of drowning was so engraved in him, in us, that he didn't think I'd ever try it. So I let him believe that. Those years alone were the worst. I had no hope, no reason for anything and I stopped resisting."

Yoshito laid on the floor staring at the ceiling and going back to his solid form. He sighed before a small smile came upon his face.

"Then I got Shiyoko... I didn't want to be near her at first. Too scared to but she was crying so much one night and kaa-san couldn't get her to stop, so I tried."

"Heh. She stopped instantly huh?" Katsuki smirked.

"Oh no. I made it worse." Yoshito smiled widely "But I didn't let her go. I stayed up all night just rocking her softly. It became morning before she stopped crying. By then we were both exhausted, so I took her to my room and laid her with me. Instantly fell asleep on me."

"Sounds like Aoimoku alright." Yoshito and Katsuki smiled. "When did she become like she was back then?"

"A week after she was born."

"A week!?" Katsuki felt his eyes twitch and a subconscious explosion left his hand.

"Yeah.. he was so sure she'd have both quirks so he started early. Brain enhancer first. Like with me it worked. And he began to teach her everything she should not understand. When she began to walk he forced her to run. He wanted her physically strong and fast for her age, but he was pushing her so I pushed him. I tried keeping the attention on me but it never worked and I'd always get beaten until some bone was out of my body or cracked serverly.

A day he beat me until one of my ribs were showing on the outside. That's where he placed me in a tub of water to preserve me until he could get his doctor to come over. I healed in the water. All the doc had to do was set my bones back in place and I did the rest, so he kept me in tubes overnight.

The day after he killed kaa-san I went under. He probably did it to make Shiyoko fear him more hoping she'd listen to every word he would say. I don't think he was counting on her running from him and finding a new family." Yoshito sat up looking Katsuki dead in his eyes with gratitude and joy. "I'm glad she did. Cause she got you out of it." Katsuki scoffed looking away to hide his blush.

"Shut up! To be fair. I didn't accept her at first. I..she was in the way of my goal at the time. I didn't know how to handle kids and kids hated me so it was weird that she didn't hate me and wouldn't start crying at just my face. Tch. Aoimoku is something else..."

"That she is. And even though you didn't like her then, you do now and I know that's all she'll care about. You care, that's all she needs."

"Ugh! I'm going to bed! Your sappy shit is making me sick!" Katsuki stood to go under his covers when Yoshito smiled coming up behind him.

"Don't be like that. Give your brother a hug..."

"HAH!? Fuck no! Oi! Hey! No..! No! Get off me!!" Yoshito tackled Katsuki to the floor the two wrestling on the ground.

"Come on! You hug Ko-chan! I want one too!!"

"Argg!! Fuck no!! She's a baby and tiny for her age she can get hugs! You're older then me act your age dammit!!"

"Oh? So you admit to me being the older brother?" Yoshito stopped, smirking down at the ash blonde "That's all I wanted to hear." He smirked getting off of Katsuki and going back to his bed.

"Eh...huh?" Realization dawned on Katsuki and he turned, red. "AOIKAMI YOU ASSHOLE!!"

"Hahaha."

----------------------------------------——----------------------

Aren't they adorable? *happy sigh*