Chapter 42

Darcy's POV
(Still in flashback)

I sat on the comfy mat that Bernardo put for us. "So tell me about yourself." He said laying down while I stared at the sky. There were little bright stars in the dark sky. "Let me guess, you like astronomy?" Bernardo demanded poking me on my right arm.

Still looking at the stars, I responded, "That's a right guess, I've always been fascinated by stars and astronomy. My grandfather is an astrologer. He always talks about the astronomy and astrology."

"Wow, now that's new. You didn't seem like the person interested in such things." He said as I looked at him. He was wearing a white hoodie with black sweatpants on and his hair was in a mess. "Haha, I know. Everyone says that."

"But it's nice to be unique. I hardly meet people interested in such things..." He slowed.

Shoving his right hand in his black sweatpant, he continued, "I've always been the joker...of the family, the squad. And to be honest, I enjoyed it but sometimes you need people like you."

I glanced at him and asked, "Like me?"

He continued, "Yes, like you. I know we haven't been on great terms since the start but you're unique. You're not like the other girls. If another girl was in your place, then they probably would have been swooned by now." He chuckled and played with his tongue.

Um Jesus, tell him to stop please. God he's so good looking. OH MY GOD, DARCY STOP!!!

"Um well, I'm not like the other girls." I answered still staring at him. "I don't like being someone's pain in the ass I guess." The corners of his lips curved slightly as I said that. "You know you can actually laugh at my words, right? I can see you holding back your laughter."

Then, he let it out. He started laughing like a mad man. "Oh my goodness, Darcy. You're so funny!" Watching him laugh, I started laughing as well. "Why are we laughing?" I asked. "Probably a therapy."

"Now my stomach's hurting. Please let's stop." Bernardo pleaded.

"Okay, fine." I managed to stop my laughter but Bernardo continued laughing. "You said you wanted to stop!"

"Okay, I'll stop as well. It's just that your face-..." He stopped, finally.

"What about my face?"

"It's funny."

"And yours look like a burnt omelette." I barked.

Firing back, he said, "Atleast people want to eat me. Not like you."

"Burnt rotten omelette!"

"Funny fac-" He didn't get a chance to complete his sentence as I hit him with the rod near me. I don't know where that came from but who cares?

"Oh my god, Darcy stop." He stood up and started running. I ran to the door of the balcony and locked it while taking the keys with me. "HEY STOP!!!"

"YOU MESSED WITH THE WRONG GIRL, SILVA!!!" I ran to him and smacked him on his arse. "Ouch, it hurts."

"Oh really? Then here you go, have some more." I smacked him harder.

"Darcy!" He yelled. I responded, "What is it?"

"Watch out, there's something behind you." Turning around to see what was behind me, I felt a sharp sting on my ankle and slipped. Oh no! Not again! "Aaaah!" I screamed but fell in the arms of Bernardo. Again! What in the actual world? But destiny had something else for us. Bernardo ended up losing his balance and fell right on the floor with me still in his arms. "Ouch." Both of us groaned in pain at the same time.

My hair fell dramatically on my face as I struggled to get off Bernardo on whom I fell on. "Did you make a pledge to always fall on me?" He asked as I was still struggling with my broken ankle to get up. "It was your fault."

"Was it?" He asked. "Or did you do it deliberately?" I think I should say it was all thanks to Jesus that my hair was still on my face and my blushed cheeks were totally hidden by it. I responded with sarcasm laced in my voice, "It's not the end of the world, Bernardo that I would want to fall on you. Like that's the least thing I would ever want to do. Even a monkey won't prefer your lap."

And then he did the thing that I expected the least. He grabbed my waist and rolled me from top of him to under him. Lmao. "What in the actual world!" I yelled while trying to get out of his tight hold around my waist.

Oh and my hair, still on my face. He looked at me and with his right hand, he removed strands of my blond hair from my face and put them behind my ear. Umm. I was speechless at that time, the way his touch intrigued me was so nice. Oh Darcy, you have to stop. You don't want to get hurt.

...

Hi. Long time no see guys. I'm sorry. I hope you guys read my message on my conversation board. I've been sick since August and I'm still sick. But I'm trying my best to recover from it. It's difficult for me to but I'll try. And also, I got midterm break for a week so I'll revise and write a bit. I'll have my holidays at the end of November and I swear, I'll make this more interesting. In the meantime, I'm going to put this boom on hold. This is the last chapter I'm releasing for this month.

ALSO CONGRATS!!! WE BEAT ARSENAL!!! 💙

Also guys, I've started a mental health account about bringing awareness to mental health. It would mean a lot to me if y'all could follow me. DM me if you would like the username.

Last but not the least, I'M A DELEGATE FOR MUN THIS YEAR!!! I can't even believe my own self at this time.

Have a great day my lovelies 💙💙💙