46

Darcy's POV

"Stop crying, Darcy. Calm down." Holly wiped my tears with her delicate hands as I kept hugging her. Aymeric wasn't home as he went to France for a couple of days. And Holly was my childhood best friend. My sister. My everything. She knew everything about me expect the whole Bernardo stuff.

"Holly, will you forgive me for hiding stuff from you?" I asked. Taking a strand of her blond hair, she put it behind her ear. "Of course, I will. Now tell me."

"Holly, I'm in love with Bernardo!"

Her hazel eyes went all wide. Just like boom. "WAAAAT!?" She screamed out loud.

"Oh my god, calm down. Don't let the Dutch inside you get awake." Turning her head towards me as I expected, she yelled, "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE? THIS AIN'T SOMETHING TO HIDE FROM ME!!!"

Was that a mistake to tell her? Stay tuned to find out.

"I'm sorry. I was scared."

"Scared of what? Me?"

"No. Scared of your reaction."

"Why?"

"Bernardo is your best friend..." I paused as she took in my words. Oh sheet. "And aren't you mine? You little beach, you've been my best friend since we're in diapers and just because Bernardo just got close to me, doesn't mean I would snitch about you to him!!!"

"Holly, shhhhhh, calm down. You'll wake the neighbours in the next apartment." Jesus, help me please.

"Does it look like I care?"

"I don't know."

"Ugh..." She stated and just let herself calm down. She sat in a weird position and well let's just say I don't even know the heck she was doing. She started taking in long breaths with her eyes closed. Yoga right now? I think grounding methods.

Being concerned for her, I demanded, "Holly are you alright?" She opened her right eye keeping the left one closed. "Hmm, better now." Jumping back like the monkey she is, she took my hands and said, "Sorry for getting mad at you. Come sit." She patted the fluffy beige sofa in front of her. "Now start."

Looking at her bright hazel eyes, I mustered up enough courage to tell her. "I started falling for Bernardo since the day you got into an accident..." I told her everything. 

"So many things have taken place and it's at the interval that my presence is necessary now?" She closed her eyes trying to control herself from crying.

"Are you gonna cry? I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. I never imagined all this to take place."

Opening her eyes, she responded, "I was planning on telling you something really important and this is the news you brought me..."

"Holly, is everything alright?" I asked again, looking at her behaviour. Holly suffered from mental illnesses ever since she was a kid due to the trauma she had to face because of my father.

"Darcy. I forgive you for everything and I'll make sure to talk to Bernardo as well but but..." She broke down and started crying hugging her pillow. I couldn't see her state so I hugged her.

"Hols, please tell me what's wrong. I'm really scared. Are you okay?"

"I don't have enough courage to tell you this." She hugged me back still crying then got up, going to get her handbag. "You need to look at these." She handed me a file which looked like a hospital's medical reports. 

I knew something was wrong. Is she pregnant? If she would, then she wouldn't have been crying. I'm damn sure Holly would have organised a party by now and also Holly is really careful with sex and stuff. I don't think she's ready for a baby so early...then what is that?

I grabbed the grey file from her hand and opened it. I was a doctor so was Holly. We both could analyse reports and studying the reports, my eyes went all big. I couldn't believe it. "No...what's this?"

"Liver cirrhosis...that's serious." I stated. I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. Holly didn't have a drinking habit and she was so young.

Liver cirrhosis is a late stage of scarring of the liver caused by many forms of liver diseases and conditions, such as hepatitis and chronic alcoholism. But Holly was neither addicted to alcohol nor did she have hepatitis.

"I know what you're thinking of," Holly said. "I have hemochromatosis and some other complications and most probably I'm going to need a transplant."

"What? You've been going through all this and I had no idea." I teared up pulling her for a hug. "Did you tell Aymeric?"

"Not yet. He can't know right now."

"What are you saying?"

"Yes, already there's a lot going on at Manchester City and he's being training really hard. I don't want him to be broken again."

Patting her back, I said, "When's the transplant?"

"In a few weeks. Once international break is here, I'll leave for London where my transplant will be done."

I was wishing everything was a dream. But no, it wasn't. I was scared for Holly and for myself. My friendship was on the verge of breaking and Holly was going to have such a major surgery. But what mattered most to me was Holly. If Bernardo was my love, then Holly was the reason for me to live. Without her, I would die. That was the love we shared. Eternal love.

"Everything's gonna be fine, I promise," I said to her caressing her blonde hair, even though I knew that might be wrong. Everything might not be fine so soon.

...

Oooof heartbreak. I hate doing this but remember I said Holly's story isn't over yet. Well both sisters' story will move together. And maybe it'll be the end of this book soon. I want to end it asap cause I don't like seeing it on hold. Anyway that's it for today. Have a great day with my three updates.

:))