52

THE WEDDING

The day was here. Finally. After weeks of wait, I was going to officially become Mrs Laporte.

"Girl, you're so excited!" Vlada laughed with Darcy as they came in my room.

"I've never seen such an impatient bride." Darcy commented as she zipped in my wedding dress.

My wedding dress was an A-line dress. It was of a nude ivory colour with a V-neck and a princess waistline. It was sleeveless with bridal lace on its thin straps which make it look more gorgeous. The embroidered bridal lace continued to the bottom of the dress.

 The embroidered bridal lace continued to the bottom of the dress

"Stop admiring yourself." Darcy stated taking as she took my pictures.

"Aww, let her be. It's her only time." Vlada added laughily, then winked after saying, "Unless you plan on leaving Aymeric and getting an Italian dude this time."

"Italians are smooching hot, Holly."

"Reconsider your decision, Hols. There's still time for the wedding."

I stared at both of me trying to put on a stern face but ended up cackling. "Why on earth would you think that I would leave my Frenchie for some Italian dude? He's the hottest guy alive on earth for me."

And then someone coughed.

I immediately turned around to see the person I least expected to come to my wedding.

My voice came out slowly, "Granny, you came?"

"How could I not make it to the wedding of my frikadelbroodjes?" She responded as I ran towards her in my wedding dress to hug her.

"I thought you wouldn't come."

"Why?"

"Aymeric's French and you didn't want any more nationalities in the family."

"That was just a childish thought of mine. Besides we'll be getting Portuguese nationality soon." Granny added as she let go of me and winked at Darcy. Vlada and I just started laughing at Darcy's face.

I introduced granny to Vlada and after few minutes, it was time.

...

"Just hold on to me like you always did as a kid," Dad said as he walked me down the aisle.

All my friends and closed ones were here. It was the happiest day of my life. Even Sara, my apparent kidnapper, had came to the wedding after I forced Aymeric into inviting her. We had cleared out all the misunderstandings and even she was in a relationship with someone else after moving on.

Aymeric was just bewildered on seeing me. So was I on seeing him. He was looking so charming in his suit.

The rituals took place in a while.

"Do you take Aymeric Jean Louis Gérard Alphonse Laporte as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" The priest asked.

"Yes, I do."

We then exchanged rings, completed the other rituals, met everyone and headed to the after party. Once again, Kyle and John were in charge. I knew they would rock the reception party.

...

Mum and Darcy helped me into changing into my party outfit.

I had chosen to wear a gown styled in beaded embroidered tulle, with spaghetti straps edging the shallow scoop neckline and open back. Covered buttons trailed into the gathered back and chapel train.

My eyes had landed on this masterpiece after I had bought my wedding dress but then Aymeric gave me the wonderful idea to use it as my reception dress.

"I'm in love with myself." I commented as I looked at myself in the mirror.

"And I'm with you."

I turned back to see my husband closing the door and walking towards me. He then closed the gap between us by hugging me tightly. "Can you believe we're married?"

Hugging him back, I answered, "I know right. Unbelievable."

We hugged each other for while until someone came and knocked on the door. "Holly, open the door. Your bouquet is here."

I tried pushing Aymeric off me but he wouldn't budge. "You need to let me go."

"I can't."

Pushing him back, I was able to get him off me and opened the door.

"Ohhhhhhhhhh." Darcy and Juliet, both commented as they saw Aymeric. "So this was going on."

Juliet added, "God, you guys are more impatient than me. You'll have your night in few hours. Resist till then."

Aymeric and I went all red after hearing that from Juliet.

"Juliet, stop teasing them now." Bernardo came to the rescue. "And you Aymeric, come with me." He took Aymeric with him and left the room.

"Well well well, just look at you." Juliet commented closing the door behind her. "I can't believe you're Mrs Laporte."

"To be honest, even I can't. It feels like a dream."

"Aww...anyway moving on from dreams, this is real life, Holly." She said as she did a final touch up of me and we headed to the reception party.

The party was just fantastic. So beautiful. It all felt like a fairy tale. Well it was the theme of the wedding. Most of my friends managed to make it, even some of my relatives came. I got to meet Aymeric's amazing family members. They were all so nice.

It was time for me to give a speech as requested by Bernardo. I was not prepared but it was a dream coming true and I didn't need any preparation for that.

"Hi everyone..." I started as everyone looked at me full of love. "Thank you to everyone who made it to my special day. It means a lot. I really appreciate it. As many of you know, I had a crush on Aymeric when I was little. Never had I ever imagined I would get married to him one day and he would become mine forever...This has been such an amazing journey. Thank you Aymeric for always treating me like a queen. For always loving me and supporting me. This is just a new start for us and I promise you that you'll never ever regret calling me yours. I love you, baby."

After my special speech, we cut the cake and went to dance.

"That was a bold speech, my dear wife." Aymeric stated as we danced to a slow romantic song.

"My dear husband, I was always bold. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have been able to make you mine."

"And this is why I'm so crazy about you, Holly Laporte."