Chapter 35

Darcy's POV

"If she faces any kind of trouble, then just contact me on this number," the male doctor who was probably in his late 30's said while adjusting his glasses and handed Bernardo the little note which consisted of his contact details. I would never need that since I was already a physiology student and it was only a sprain.

We thanked the doctor for his advice and left the cabin. "Are you sure you can walk?"

"Which part of the sentence you can't understand?"

"Not a part, but i can't understand us." he bothered to say. "Sometimes we're calm and sometimes we're like the remake of Tom and Jerry."

"Where am I going?" I asked as I realised where we were headed to.

"I'm going to drop you home." he answered as he opened the passenger door of his car.

"No thanks, I can drive."

"The doctor said that you can't apply pressure to your foot."

"No."

"Which part of the sentence you can't understand? I might translate it in Portuguese for you." he answered as I pondered over his comeback.

"You thief, that's my comeback." I whined like a little girl does when someone steals her lollipop.

"Is it copyrighted?" he responded with another comeback. "You're coming with me and that's final." I opened my mouth but he beat me to it. "No its and buts."

I got in his car which was pretty cool for him. I entered my address and we drove off.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yes."

"Will you be alone at your home?"

"Yes."

"If you need help, call me be it at whatever time."

"Yes, mummy."

"Your phone's ringing," he said.

"It's not mine, that's yours."

"Oh yeah, I...can you answer it for me?" he asked with humility in his voice. I nodded and answered it, "can you come home immediately? He's getting violent."

I didn't get a chance to respond as the person on the other side hung up on my face. "It was from your home. They told you to come quickly as he was getting worse."

"What?" Tears filled in his eyes. "How can that happen?"

"Hey, just relax." I tried calming him down. "I can get down right here and take a taxi since you're going to be late. Just stop the car, okay?"

He recomposed himself and got back in character, "I can't leave you alone on the streets in this condition. You're going home with me. Is that okay with you?"

"Don't worry, I'll drop you later."

"That's alright with me. "I answered as he rode off. I didn't want to go to his house since I knew there was a problem and it felt weird interfering. I looked outside and closed my eyes in an attempt to see my home.

"Hey, we're here." A soft voice said beside me. I woke up to see the thing that I dreaded the most. The mansion. I got up immediately and got off the car as I analysed the mansion. It was the same.

"Be careful."

"What are we doing here?"

"This is my home." he answered. "Are you okay?"

"I want to go back home. I don't want to be here." I turned on my heels to run away but flinched when I applied pressure on my foot and screamed.

"Damn, is it hurting? Let's go inside."

"Please don't take me inside." I pleaded. "It's going to be alright, I promise," he said while making me enter the house. Tears filled my eyes as memories flooded back.

"Come on, sit here. I'll be right back." Bernardo explained and left me all alone.

Everything was still the same. The paint, the furniture, the canvas. I got up and touched the wall with my fingers and remembered the past.

Out of a sudden, I heard heavy footsteps behind me and was about to turn around when someone pulled my long straight blonde hair. I screamed in protest and tried to get the person to let go of my hair. "Leave me!"

He shoved me against the wall as my foot start aching. "Aaaah,Bernardo!"

"Shut up, you're calling him? Now I won't spare you." He pulled my hair again and held me tightly. I tried to wriggle out of his hold but he was too strong. "Help!Please help me." I cried out.

"Leave her!" Bernardo, my life saver said.I felt thankful when I saw him descending the stairs.

The man who was holding me against my will said, "Okay then. Here you go, I leave her." He pushed me over the edge of a metallic table as I hurt my forehead."Darcy!" I heard before blacking out.

...

Guess who's birthday it is today!!!
It's aymeric laporte's birthday!!! He turned 26 today
And I was today years old when I found out that João Cancelo and Aymeric Laporte are birthday twins. I didn't know beforehand because João Cancelo wasn't here last year. But anyway I posted a picture as story for him on my fan account.

And I'm so sorry for not doing a chapter dedicated to aymeric laporte. I wanted to but that would mess the whole plot of the story rn because they just came from the hospital apparently.

Short reminder: the story is currently in a flashback mode! Don't get confused because when Darcy and Bernardo's story is being told, coronavirus hadn't yet reached there

Follow my instagram: @iwimi
or check out my fan account @a.lap0rte
or even my thread account which I recently started known as islandishthreads
It would mean a lot to me if u guys like my fan account posts

G'day guys