Chapter 41

Darcy's POV

I never used to like Bernardo before. He was always annoying to me and I hated the fact that my best friend aka ms Holly Smith *cough cough I mean would be Mrs Laporte considered him his best friend. Jealousy was a trait that ran deep in my family. I used to get jealous at little things when I was a kid so did Holly. Even now she does, remember when Aymeric was with Sara? That was hilarious to me but getting back to the point, I was jealous that he got my best friend. I knew that Holly wouldn't ditch me but I've always been scared. 

But then, things changed. Since I got into the groupchat, we got pretty used to each other. Still the same silly fights over man utd vs man city but we eventually started talking like you already know.

"Where are you lost?" Bernardo asked as he brought me a hoodie. "Nothing, I was just thinking about Holly."

"Do you want to meet her? I can take you to her!"

"No, it's okay. I'll be meeting her tomorrow and I'll call her in a while. Shall we go outside?"

He winked and said, "We gonna enact the famous balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet." Flipping him the bird, I whispered, "I'm not Juliet, unfortunately. I'm Tybalt. The modern Tybalt."

"Then what am I?" He demanded in a subtle voice. Tapping fingers on my temple, I boomed, "YOU ARE MERCUTIO!!! THE BAWDY ONE!" 

"Well he's a joker and I'm a joker, so I don't mind but hold on hold on." He paused. "You're supposed to kill me in that case!"

"I'll kill you with my secret weapon soon." I winked at him and ran out of the room. I heard him yelling 'What's the secret weapon?'

We all have to wait to know. Strolling outside the room, I spotted the lady who was inside the bedroom before. She was probably in her early 60's and was wearing an azure midi dress with sunflowers printed on the right side of the dress. That's a look I would fancy if I lived in a place where I would have a horse, fields and a small house in the middle. Oh Darcy, stop. That'll happen one day or the other but right now, first impression is important...not first but second since I already embarrassed myself by fainting.

The lady smiled as she walked towards me. Oh no, she'll probably scold me for sleeping in Bernardo's room. "Hello. How are you doing?" she asked while adorable dimples formed on her tanned cheeks.

"Hello ma'am. I'm doing good." I paused as she looked at me sweetly. "I'm really sorry for sleeping in Bernardo's bedroo-"Cutting me off, she placed her right hand on my shoulder and held my hand with her left hand. "Don't be sorry, in fact thank you."

"Thank you for what exactly, ma'am?" I ask while she kept holding my hand. Tears formed in her ears. "I'm sorry if I offended you. Please don't be sad."

Controlling herself, she said, "First of all, don't call me ma'am. I'm Lucy, Bernardo's mother." eyes went all wide as I stared at her. Oh my goodness. "You can call me Lucy or auntie." She continued, "And secondly thank you for being the first girl Bernardo brought home here in Manchester."

I tried to comprehend what was going on. Bernardo never brought a girl home except me. Why would he? Exactly my thoughts at that time but you'll find out soon. "I don't understand anything."

Smiling at me, she said, "I have to leave but a little advice for you." She continued. "Understand things before it's too late, sweetheart."

...

I was still trying to comprehend Lucy's words. What would be late? Why did she say that it'll be too late. I mean I'm always early.

"Watch out!" Bernardo yelled as we again bumped into each other. "Have you gone blind?"

"I clearly haven't, Bernardo."

"Then in whose thoughts were you this lost? That too in my bedroom. Ahem ahem." He faked a cough. Obviously in his thoughts but obviously I couldn't tell him. "I was thinking of the birds outside."

Poking me on my arm, he said, "As a matter of fact, your boyfriend is a bird."

"You-...." I started. "It's useless expecting you to be nice to me. You know what I'm out of here and thank you so much for having me and helping me out."

I walked out of his bedroom and was about to leave when I felt a sharp sting in my ankle. Mustering up some courage, I managed to get till the staircase. Oh wow. So I've to get down with my sprained ankle? No way for heaven's sake!

Maybe I shouldn't have overreacted this much. After all, he helped me and also he's Holly's boyfriend's friend. I don't want Holly to have issues because of me.

I walked back to his bedroom and stood outside. I knocked once but no response. I knocked again and that's when Bernardo opened the door. "So you came back?" He said as his hair looked like a mess.
I went out for five minutes and he's in this condition. Wtaf!?

"I'm sorry for venting out my frustration on you. I shouldn't have done." I said in one go and heaved a sigh of relief.

"I assume you aren't used to apologising to people." He stated and looked at me. Oh man, his eyes. I never actually looked at him properly but he was charming. I hate to say this but he was perfect. "Since you're actually sorry, come in!" He screamed in my eyes bringing me out of my thoughts of him.

"Now we're back to business. Come on, let get to the balcony. After all, we got to talk a little bit."

"Not a bit but a lot."

"Right about that, Darcy from pride and prejudice."

"Yo, watch out or else I'll beat you."

...

Michelle Pfeiffer as Lucy Maria Silva

----------------------

Hello dear readers. I hope you all are doing great. Sorry for the late update. It's just that I'm going through a lot. I was hospitalised before but I'm much better now I guess except the fact that I just got influenza. Well I get every week, so that's nothing new.

In life, we don't always get what we want and what we expected of people. Look at me, I expected better shit from a person but what did I get?- I got the worst betrayal ever. That betrayal that nearly costed me my life. That betrayal ruined my life for sure...and also my school life...my career. It's going to have a negative impact. My dreams may be ruined because of that and if that happens, then I'm going to be shattered. But I won't let that happen. I'm not going to let what that person did to me affect me ever again. I learnt enough this time.

I'm a very nice person believe it or not. Always smiling and calm but I guess many thought that was my only avatar. Now it's boom time. Time to start over again. Make new friends. Forget the bitches.

Quote of the update: words are like arrows. Once loosed, you cannot call them back.