Chapter 34

Darcy's POV

"You shouldn't do that, that is very very rude."I preached before realising that Phil wasn't paying attention to me."Hello?I'm talking to you!"

"That's because you were speaking utter crap."Bernardo said while stretching out his arms.

"You're such a clown," I said before bursting out in laughter. "Even in a video call!"

"I don't mind being a clown to make you guys happy." he stated and that caught me off guard immediately. He was the guy that I fell for. I couldn't get over the fact that few months before, we used to fight like Tom and Jerry.

...

Four months before
At the hospital

"No, I can't come."I heard as I hid behind the wall.I figured out that was Bernardo."I told you I can't!"

"My best friend is hospitalised!"he yelled. "I don't care how you're going to fix this but you have to."

Curiosity...

He hung up on the person and turned around to see my shadow lurking on the wall."Who's there?"

Oh shit, why did I have to eavesdrop on his conversation?

"Uh hi." I decided to expose myself.

"Were you eavesdropping on me?"

"I didn't want to but I happened to pass by at the same time..." I slowed down. "Sorry, I should probably leave." I faked a smile and ran towards the staircase awkwardly. I waved him goodbye before twisting my ankle and falling down. "Ouch."

"Hey!" Bernardo approached me and I saw his eyes filled with care and worry for me. "Is it paining a lot?" he demanded while inspecting the injury. "You should be more careful."

I got back in character upon hearing that. "Oh hello, I don't need your help." And here I started, "maybe you forgot but I'm about to be a physiologist. I can take care of myself." I yanked my arm from his hand and tried to get up.

"Fuck this shit," I said as I got up and applied pressure to my ankle. I immediately lost my balance and was about to kiss the staircase's shiny white marble before someone engulfed me in their arms.

"Are you sure that you don't need help?" he asked with sarcasm in his voice. "It's not necessary for me to help you but you're Holly's best friend and everyone's already gone. We're currently in a hospital and I can obviously take you to see a doctor for your ankle."

"And don't think that you can take Holly's help. She is busy with Aymeric and I don't want her to worry about you since the doctor said that she doesn't have to take stress at all. You get what I'm trying to say?" he said in one go while I tried to connect the dots. It did make sense.

I wriggled out of his hold and held onto his arm for support before responding, "I don't think it's something serious. It's most likely a sprain."

"A sprain? then sorry for what I'm going to do right now." he muttered before carrying me bridal style. "Sorry again."

"What the heck!" I squeaked while Bernardo carried me from the middle of the staircase to the bottom of the staircase. "Look, it's a sprain and it can get worse, so shut up and cooperate."

"Oh my god, that is so cute." People started saying. "My goodness, isn't that Bernardo Silva?"

"Look at them, you should be like this. What a sweet couple," an old lady around her 70's said. I wanted to clear out her misunderstanding but we had already entered a doctor's cabinet.

...
Hi guys. As you all can see, I unpublished the last chapter and made some changes because of coronavirus. I hope that you all are safe.
And I think that I should probably change the title of the book. I've been doing less chats and more POVs.
Should I change it or let it remain man city groupchat?