Chapter 40

Bernardo's POV

My eyes pricked as I opened them. "Oh god," I sighed before taking in the fact that I was sleeping on top of a book 'lost in the echo'. I closed the book and turned around to find Darcy sleeping peacefully on my couch. I stared at her.

The way her blond hair fell on her face, the way her pink glossy lips looked kissable and the way she was literally hugging a book made me grab a chair to sit near to her. I was so busy admiring her that I lost track of time.

"Oh no, I should get her back to her room." I muttered when Darcy opened her eyes and boom! She banged her forehead right into mine as both of us cried in pain. "Aaaah!" "Damn it!" I rubbed my forehead and said, "Jesus Christ, Darcy. What were you even thinking?" She responded whimpering, "I really am sorry, I heard your voice and I was confused and I...ended up banging you."

I let out a laugh as she looked at me. "Bernardo, do you want me to call Holly? I assume you need a psychologist!"

"Why would I even need one?"

"You're laughing like a madlad!"

"Aaaah!" I screamed as I touched part of my forehead. "What happened, are you okay?" Darcy cried out with worry laced in her voice. She brought her delicate hands to my face and removed my hands from my forehead. She removed my hair from my face and started rubbing my forehead slowly. Smiling sheepishly, I said, "I laughed because you said you ended up banging me."

Her eyes flicked to my face from my forehead while her hands were still caressing my forehead. We were so close like not even three inches apart. "I-I didn't mean it in that way, Bernardo... YOU'RE GETTING DIRTIER DAY BY DAY!" She yelled in my ears as the tone of her cheeks went crimson red and she took off with her sprained ankle. "Be careful, Darcy!"

"I'm gooooooood!" She yelled and landed right on the floor. I tried to hold in my laughter as she struggled to get up but couldn't and let it out. "What are you laughing at? Help me!"

"Of course, I will but once I stop laughing. Apparently you were good!"

"You SOB!"

"Don't swear, I'm coming to get you." I said and ran towards her. "Can't believe how many times I've carried you bridal style."

"That's your luck, most people don't get to. Now thanks to my sprained ankle, you got to." She said and smiled to me while grabbing my shoulder. I kicked open the door of the library and got her to my room. I laid her on my bed and said, "Now don't move." She nodded as I went to grab her medicines. When I came back, she was tugging on the hem of my hoodie that fitted perfectly on her. "What happened, u good?"

"I don't know." She whispered as the glow in her eyes went off. I went to her and sat on the bed. Cupping her hands, I asked in the humblest voice that I could pull off, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'll probably annoy you with my sad story."

I turned her face and said, "You will never ever annoy me, believe me. Even if the conversation is boring, your voice will make it interesting. Let's go to the balcony and wait I'll get you another hoodie, it's damn cold outside."

...
Oh my GOODNESS!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS FANFIC HIT 4K! LIKE 4K. I MIGHT BE OVERREACTING BUT I NEVER EVER EXPECTED TO GET ABOVE 1K😂

also this book will go into editing soon since I know I was and still am a very bad writer but I'll try to make the start as better as I can :))

another fact: I'll be changing the cast soon. As in I don't think Barbara Palvin is the best fit for Holly, since her role isn't actually over. I'm thinking of replacing her with Scarlett Leithold since she's gonna play the role of Holly in the book that I'm currently writing separately for only aymeric and holly.

Let me know your ops in the comment section please. If you don't want me to change it, let me know. I won't change in this book then.

I'll probably publish an author's note before doing it.

Ugh it's 01:41 am and I got school tomorrow. Oh god. Yes, quarantine is over and it's been more than a month since school is back.

I lost my everything. My happiness, my everything. You know what I don't wanna live anymore. Phewwww. Can't believe I've to meet people tomorrow. I'm allergic to people nowadays. Anyway enough of me complaining.

Now you my dear reader, please have a great day :))