Chapter 58

Lucy was surprised to be standing face to face with her best friend and his talking cat. They had left on their training mission almost a year ago, just a day before Fairy Tail had disbanded and everyone went their separate ways.

Natsu had no where to stay so Lucy welcomed the two into her home. It was around 8 pm, the three friends were sat around the small coffee table playing a small game when a figure had opened the door and stumbled in with an exhausted sigh. Everest had entered the small apartment and kicked off his shoes, too tired to notice the two new people in their home.

" Lucy~ " Everest called, Lucy turned around from her spot by the table and stood up. She turned around and approached the white haired male. He sighed and hugged Lucy, leaning into her body and basically draping his body onto hers. Natsu furrowed his eyebrows and stood up. " Who are you? " He demanded and crossed his arms over his chest. " Natsu- " Happy jumped up onto the couch and looked towards the dragon slayer.

" That's Everest. " Happy cut off Natsu and looked up at his best friend before pointing at the dragon slayer who's arm was around Lucy's waist. " I saved you and Lucy and your other friend from drowning during the big battle? " Lucy cleared her throat and looked at the male beside her.

" They needed somewhere to stay. " Everest shrugged before revealing a happy smile. " Glad to have you just don't break anything. " Everest pulled away from Lucy's side and walked towards their shared bedroom. " So why is he here? " Nastu asked, he huffed and sat beside Happy on the sofa. " Uh about that- " Lucy trailed off and fiddled with her fingers. " I'm sorta his mate? " Natsu tried to think but it didn't last long. " He lives here? " Happy asked, Lucy chuckled a bit before taking a seat back on the cushion beside the coffee table. " Of course. " Natsu went silent, his eyebrows curved before he opened his mouth.

" Lucy where's Y/N? " They two looked over at Natsu who ran a hand over his pink hair and frowned. Everest emerged from the bedroom and sat on the single sofa beside the bigger one. He crossed one leg over the other and relaxed into the cushion. " She's at Sabertooth, or Blue pegasus, or Crime Sorciere, or with Gajeel, honestly I don't know she's kind of everywhere. " Natsu's jaw almost dropped, he didn't expect that. She's everywhere?

" Ev-ery whe-re? " Nastu finished, he could feel his heart drop into the pit of his stomach. " She was pretty angry after you left, then Fairy Tail happened and she kind of snapped? She tried to stop it and become the new master, that didn't work. Then she demanded to fight for the spot, that didn't work either, Gajeel and Laxus had to hold her back. " Lucy finished, Everest looked over at Lucy with a frown. " I'm sure she's doing fine. She keeps in touch with Wendy. Maybe she knows? " Nastu frowned and looked down at the floor, this can't be happening.

Meanwhile

" Seriously you work yourself to the bone, you should take a rest. " Gajeel sighed and leaned into the pillow that sat behind his head before turning to look at his mate laid beside him. She smiled and adjusted her body sideways to look back at him. " You look tired. " She examined his face and pushed away a small strange of black hair laid out on his forehead. " Should I have come on a different day? " Gajeel lifted his head and used his elbows to prop him up. " I want you here, even if I'm so tired that I collapse. " A soft smile appeared on her face and she leaned into his body to make herself comfortable.

" What is this? " Gajeel sat up a bit, grabbing his mates hand to see a blue ring placed on her ring finger. He examined the ring before sniffing a bit and scrunching his nose. " Sting and Rouge got me it. " It's the exact ring future Rouge gave me as well. Gajeel looked down at Y/N who softly smiled down at the ring. " Why didn't you tell me they proposed? " Y/n simply gasped before a shade of red flushed her cheeks. " They did not! It was a gift. " He let out a relived sigh and pulled her closer to his body. The two sat in comfortable silence, enjoying eachothers company which they can't really do much off. Due to Gajeel's job he was always on call as the head of the Rune Knights so when they were together they cherished it. " Remember when we talked about kids? " She asked, he tilted his head to rest on the pillow underneath and get a good whiff of her hair which smelt like coconuts. He then lent down to sniff at his mate mark that sat on the crook of her neck, he hummed at the smell before softly licking it.

He smiled in response, he'd always remember that conversation because he wanted it to come true in the future. He wanted a family with the woman that he loved and would gladly father the children her other mates would give her as well because he loved her unconditionally. Funny huh? When he first joined Fairy Tail he was big and tough, hiding behind the walls he built for himself and told himself he hated the wizards within the guild, but throughout the years his walls had broken down because of this woman, the lies he told himself had shaped him into a beautiful asset of her life, and although past Gajeel would never admit it, future Gajeel did, he loved her more than he could admit.

" I think, we should start planning out our future. " She said, she turned her head to look at Gajeel. Their faces were close together, Gajeel took a second to process the words slipping out of her mouth before he leaned down to steal a kiss from her. " You mean? " He pulled away, their eyes meeting just inches away from eachothers faces. She smiled softly before nodding, a smirk had lingered across Gajeel's face as he pulled her into a other kiss and rolled her over to cage her beneath him. She giggled and wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

That's the end of this chapter!
Bye my Unicorns XOXO