Patience

Mew had been staying at Gulf's apartment for two weeks now, and the boy was already feeling a hundred times better. Gulf had gotten his cast taken off and his stitches taken out two days ago. Mew had gotten up around the same time as Gulf, helping to clean and bandage his wounds before snuggling on the couch.

"P'Mew?" Gulf looked up at Mew from where his head lay on the older boy's chest.

With a small smile, Mew hummed, "Yes, baby?"

Gulf traced circles in Mew's chest with his index finger, "Can we go out and do something today?"

Mew chuckled, running his fingers through Gulf's hair, "Now you know you're supposed to be resting here at home."

Pouting, Gulf whined, "But I feel so much better now. I'm almost all the way healed up except for my ribs and you've taken such good care of me."

"Fine," Mew sighed in defeat, "Let's go to the park then."

Cheering up, Gulf carefully rose to his feet, "I'll get ready."

Mew smiled and watched Gulf trot back to his bedroom before stretching and standing up. He went to Gulf's small kitchen, packing up a big lunch for the two of them. When the lunch basket was complete, Gulf made his appearance in the kitchen, wearing a pair of black jeans with rips exposing his knees, and one of his favorite football jerseys.

Mew smiled, turning to face Gulf and holding his waist, "You look so cute."

Gulf blushed, resting his arms on Mew's shoulders before wincing a little bit, "You're cuter."

"What's wrong?" Mew asked, noticing the other boy's wince.

Shaking his head, Gulf reassured Mew that it was nothing serious, "I'm just sore, babe. I'm fine."

Nodding, Mew stepped away, "I'll get dressed and then we can go."

Gulf smiled with a nod, putting on a pair of Nike's while Mew got dressed in blue jeans and a light blue t-shirt. When both boys were ready, they headed down to the parking lot, Mew carrying the food, and Gulf carrying a large blanket. They got into Mew's car, the older boy driving to an Apple store.

"Hm? What're we doing here?" Gulf asked.

Mew grinned, parking and unbuckling his belt, "I promised you a phone didn't I?"

Gulf could only smile, as Mew got out of the car before he could respond. After a few minutes of excited waiting, Gulf saw Mew exiting the store with a small white bag.

When Mew got back in the car, he handed Gulf the bag with a bright smile, "It's the latest model. I got a charger and a case, too."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," Gulf leaned over to kiss Mew's cheek. "You're so good to me. This is why I love you."

Stunned by Gulf's confession, Mew smiled and took the boy's hand in his own, "You love me?"

Realizing what he'd said, Gulf's eyes went wide and he stuttered, "W-Well I meant... I really like you and I-"

"I love you, too," Mew interrupted with a smile. He knew that he loved Gulf as soon as he left for Osaka. When the thought of another day spent away from Gulf made his gut wrench. When Gulf got hurt and knowing that he couldn't help made his heart ache.

Gulf blushed and gently held Mew's cheek before leaning in slowly. Just before their lips met, Gulf's stomach growled loud enough to alarm Mew. A few seconds of silence passed before they both doubled over in laughter.

Finally settling down, Mew smiled, "I better get to the park so we can eat, huh?"

"My stomach would appreciate that," Gulf chuckled.