Priority

"Room 3602. Third floor, left out of the elevator, and the first door on your right."

"Thank you so much," Mew waied to the nurse behind the hospital's front desk.

Mew had just landed in Bangkok and rushed to the hospital to make sure his Kana was okay, not forgetting to stop for flowers on the way. It was just past 10:00am when Mew arrived after having one of his drivers pick him up from the airport. He raced over to the elevator, repeatedly mashing the button to open the door. Four seconds passed before Mew decided the elevator was taking too long. He ran to the stairwell, climbing the steps three at a time, and reaching the third floor in a flash.

After following the instructions given to him by the nurse, Mew stood outside of the room. Room3602. All of a sudden, he was nervous. What if Gulf really didn't want to see him? What was he even going to say?

Taking a deep breath, Mew held his head up, straightened his back, and opened the door. He stepped inside, immediately taking a breath of relief after seeing that Gulf was asleep.

"P'Mew," Pear smiled, greeting Mew with a hug.

Mew returned the smile to the only other one of them that was awake, "Hey, Pear. How is he?" He asked, looking over pitifully at Gulf's angelic sleeping face before placing the bouquet of flowers on the boy's bedside table.

Pear's smiled softened, "I'll let him answer that when he wakes up."

Mew sighed, "And how are you?" He looked at Mild who was curled up on the small, leather couch in the corner before turning back to Pear.

A bit confused, Pear cocked her head to the side, "What do you mean?"

Mew chuckled, "Have you and Mild been home since the accident? Showered? Had a proper meal? Slept in a bed?"

Pear hesitated, "Well no, but we didn't want to leave his side."

"I know you don't," Mew smiled warmly, "But I'm going to be here all day so I need you to take Mild and go home, eat, take care of yourselves and come back tomorrow, okay?"

Knowing she wasn't going to win this one, Pear pouted, "Fine."

Mew sat in the chair next to Gulf's bed with a smile as he watched Pear wake Mild up. It took a while, but the boy finally got up so they could gather their things and they left Mew alone with Gulf. As soon as Pear and Mild were gone, Mew took Gulf's hand in his own, caressing the smooth skin.

Just as Mew brought Gulf's hand up to kiss his knuckles softly, the boy opened his eyes. Clearly flustered, Gulf pulled his hand away from Mew, trying to sit up only to fall back down. His stomach felt like it was tearing apart from the inside out, and it was painful enough to make Gulf want to curl up in a ball and cry.

"Oi!" Gulf bit his lip, whimpering as he carefully placed his hands over his tummy.

Mew jumped into action, "Let me help." He held one of Gulf's hands to pull gently and used his other hand to assist Gulf's back, gently pushing until the boy was sitting up. Mew then then pulled a few pillows behind Gulf's back so that he could lean back on them.

When Gulf was comfortably sitting up, he looked at Mew, blushing, "What're you doing here?"

Chuckling, Mew raised his eyebrows, "You're hurt. I had to get here as fast as possible."

"Why?" Gulf didn't miss a beat.

Mew blinked a few times, unsure if he wanted to open this can of worms right now, "Well because," he sighed, "Because I have feelings for you." Without letting Gulf respond, Mew continued, "And I know you don't like me right now, or like me at all really. But I know I made a huge mistake letting you go and I don't want to make that same mistake again. When Pear told me you were in an accident, I felt like my heart was going to stop if I didn't come back and make sure you were okay. It was one of the scariest things I've ever been through. The fact that I wasn't here to protect you broke me. I can't stand being so far away from you," Mew laid his heart out for Gulf.

Processing Mew's words, Gulf gulped, "I missed you." It was the first thing Gulf could think to say. "I don't want to be away from you either," he sighed, "But I need to know that I'm a priority for you, not an option. Stop choosing Air over me and I might consider giving you a chance."

Mew smiled so hard his eyes completely closed, "Absolutely. Anything for you." He took Gulf's hand to kiss it again, and this time, Gulf let him, "Can I hug you?"

Gulf pouted cutely, "I would say yes but it hurts too much."

"I guess the flowers will do for now, then," Mew grinned.

Knitting his eyebrows, Gulf followed Mew's gaze to the bedside table, spotting the bouquet of flowers and picking them up to smell them, "White jasmines." Gulf smiled at Mew, "They're my favorite."

Mew's grin was starting to grow when he suddenly remembered that Gulf was actually injured, and his smile turned into a frown, "How bad is it?"

"Bad," Gulf sighed, putting the flowers back down, "Broken arm, really bad cut to my stomach, the broken ribs are the worst, though."

Mew's frown deepened and he reached up to caress Gulf's cheek, careful to avoid his bruises, "You don't have to, but are you okay with telling me what happened? Pear told me a little bit but she didn't go in too much detail. All I know is that Air's brother tried to hurt you."

Gulf's jaw nearly hit the floor, "Champ is Air's brother?"

With a scoff, Mew rolled his eyes, "Yeah, evil runs in their family's blood."

Still in shock, Gulf went on with relaying his story to Mew, not sparing any details. He wasn't sure when, but somewhere along the way, Gulf started crying. He only realized his tears had begun to flow when Mew was gently wiping them from his cheeks.

"Sorry," Gulf sniffled.

Mew shook his head, "Uh uh. Don't do that. You have nothing to be sorry for and you'll never have to see that bastard ever again."

Gulf looked at Mew with rosy cheeks, glossy doe eyes, and swollen lips, absolutely adorable, "What do you mean?"

With a loving smile, Mew moved his hand from Gulf's cheek to his hair, compassionately playing with the black strands. "I may or may not have pulled a few strings to get Champ banned from every school in the country," he shrugged.

Amazed, Gulf's jaw dropped for the second time, thinking, 'He must really love me if he did all that just so I didn't have to see Champ again. What did he have to do to get Champ expelled, though? It couldn't have been easy. Or maybe it was. Mew is a billionaire.' Gulf's expression quickly turned into a smile, "Ugh, I could kiss you right now!"

"I wouldn't mind," Mew smirked.

Gulf rolled his eyes, but couldn't suppress his huge smile, "Nice try."

Just then, Gulf's nurse came in the room to supply his he with more fluids and ask what he wanted for lunch. Mew didn't hesitate to get Gulf's lunch for him while the nurse went to work. He cam back thirty minutes later with three trays of sushi for them to share, helping feed Gulf.

Gulf would never admit it, but he was absolutely ecstatic that he and Mew were on good terms again.

It only took a month and a near death experience, but Gulf couldn't be happier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)