90

~ a couple of weeks later ~

park kwangji

hey y/n. can we talk?

i know you probably don't wanna, but i need to get some stuff off of my chest.

y/n read the messages while sitting on her porch with kihyun. they were hanging out while snacking on some chips from the convenience store.

"who's that?" he asked, looking at her phone.

she just sighed. "kwangji. i don't know what he wants now. he wants to talk to me, but i don't wanna see him."

"ask him what it's about, i'm curious too."

YN: what about, you want to slap me again?

KJ: no.
KJ: meet me at the cafe near the dorm in 10 minutes

she showed kihyun the messages, which made him a little relieved.

"i think i know what he's going to do; go talk to him." kihyun told her, taking the bag of chips out of her hands. she looked at him, confused.

"what, why? i don't wanna talk to him!"

"y/n, trust me. if you don't go, i know you'll regret it."

she just sighed and looked at the ground. "are you sure?"

he nodded and stood up, putting his hand out to help her up. she took his hand and stood up, puzzled but worried. he pulled her into his arms, hugging her tightly.

"if something bad happens to me, i won't talk to you no more." she said, letting go of the hug.

"come back here afterward, okay?"

"okay."

he waved at her and sat back down, continuing to snack on the chips. she quickly started to walk to the destination, looking at her phone for any new messages.

she finally arrived at the cafe after a few minutes, finding kwangji sitting at a table with two drinks in front of him. this is what he did when we ended things. she thought to herself, hesitantly walking towards the table.

she sat down and looked at her feet, not making eye contact with him. he looked up from his phone and sighed.

"i didn't think you would make it." he said, pushing a drink to her. "i got you something as well."

she just grabbed the drink and started to sip the coffee. "thanks."

"so, how are you? you're doing well?"

"yeah, i guess. you?"

"little bummed, but relieved that you came."

"mhmm."

"hear me out when i say this, i promise i'm not lying. i want to apologize-"

"ohh, you wanna say sorry now? you should've said that earlier."

"i told you to hear me out. just don't interrupt me, alright?"

"fine."

"i'm sorry for being so immature. it was wrong of me for doing those things to you, and i guess i was just too selfish to only think of myself."

"i'm glad that now you know you're wrong. do you know how much you hurt me?"

"i-"

"thanks to you, i had no friends in middle school; if it wasn't for kihyun and them, i don't think i would've found happiness ever. whenever i see the girls who transferred from my old school, i see the glares they give me. it hurts that they still find me disgusting and fake."

"well-"

"and the hoseok thing? seriously, grow up kwangji."

"at least accept my apology, please. i know what i did back then was wrong, and i promise, i won't ever hurt you again."

"i hope you know that you're stupid enough for falling for a seventh-grader."

"i am stupid, i admit it now. can we, at least, be friends? i understand if you don't-"

"fine."

"what?"

"fine, we can be friends again. if you cause trouble like that to me one more time, i will not hesitate to report to my dad about it."

"y-yes, thank you so much."

"mhmm."

"phew, i finally got that off my chest. now, i have something to ask you."

"hmm?"

"is there anything up with you and yoo kihyun?"

"actually, yes. we're dating."

kwangji almost spit out his drink. "what?"

"yeah. my dad also knows about it, and he approved it."

"wow, congrats. i hope your relationship with him lasts long."

"thanks." she looked at her phone, checking the time. "i should go now. he is waiting for me at my house."

"oh yeah, you should. i don't want him to get mad at you."

she stood up and grabbed her drink, almost leaving him but turned around. she sighed and chuckled. "i can't believe you're acting like this."

"what? why?"

"knowing you, you would be jealous. but you're happy. why?"

"well, i need to learn how to let things go. although i still have some feelings for you, i'd rather see you happy."

"you really grew up."

"thanks."

she started to walk away but stopped when kwangji called her once more. she turned around and looked at him, confused.

"what do you want now?"

"i don't know if it's weird, but can we hug?"

she just laughed and hugged him. he embraced her tightly, making her feel a little sad. she started to feel tears dropping from his eyes. she pulled away and giggled. "why are you crying? stop it!"

"it just feels so good i miss the old days."

"shut up. let's hang out another time, okay?"

"alright, take care, chae y/n."

"you too, park kwangji."

y/n grinned and turned the opposite direction, walking to her house again. she smiled to herself, loving the fact that she befriended a friend.