41

"whatever you say." y/n replied, rolling her eyes and smiling. hoseok laughed at her reaction.

"are you done?" he asked, getting back on track. she nodded. "let's go!"

she grabbed her little purse and quickly followed him to his car. he opened the door for her, making her smile and enter the car, buckling her seatbelt afterward.

"ready?" he asked, looking at her. she nodded, and she felt his hand go on hers, holding it. she was about to let go so he could drive, but he squeezed her hand tighter.

"i can drive with one hand, don't worry," he said, grinning.

the couple arrived at the theatre, and hoseok opened the door for y/n. they both walked inside the place, first getting tickets.

"what movie do you wanna see?" he asked.

"whatever you want, i'm down to watch anything."

"are you sure?"

"yes."

"we'll get two tickets for that movie, please." he told the admission, pointing to a specific movie on the list. the girl who was working behind the counter smiled and passed the tickets to them.

"by any chance, are you single?" she asked, leaning against the counter.

"no, this is my girlfriend." he replied, putting his arm around y/n, who felt insecure and embarrassed.

"oh, really? sorry." the admission girl apologized, covering her mouth with her hand and giggling. "she was just really short compared to you, so i thought that was your little sister."

y/n looked at him and compared their heights in her head. am i really that short? she thought. maybe i should start wearing height insoles.

the couple just laughed and walked away from the ticket box.

"she was ridiculous for thinking i'd go out with her anyway." he said, chuckling and shaking his head. "yeah y/n?"

"o-oh, yeah." she just laughed along. she wanted to go home already, her mood already dropping of what just happened.

would he actually go out with a girl if he's with me? no ways, he's too sweet to do that.

'and you're saying that about a popular guy. popular guys aren't always sweet.'  jooheon's words popped into her head. she decided to get rid of the negative thoughts and enjoy the time she had with her boyfriend.

"i'll order popcorn and candy for us, and you can sit down if you want to." he told her, smiling. she just nodded and quickly walked to the usher, who ripped her ticket. she eventually found her way towards the room where the movie was.

moving to the assigned seat her ticket told her to go to, she sat down and sighed. overthinking about the situation was still occurring for her, and she felt bad for herself.

hoseok is a good guy. he wouldn't cheat on me with another girl; he's too nice to do that.

jooheon's words popped into her head again, making her slowly more frustrated and sad. she didn't know who to be mad at; hoseok, the admission girl, or herself. she was just confused at this point and wanted to go home.

as the commercials played while she waited for him, she watched the door to see if anyone else was coming. she then saw him enter the room with one big bag of popcorn and candies which were sticking out of his pockets. she quickly stood up to help him carry the food, and both of them sat down in the seats.

"this seems empty, don't you think?" she asked him, looking around.

"yeah. but this movie isn't popular. i saw the trailer, and personally, i thought it was interesting."

she looked at the candies that he took out of his pocket. it was the same chocolate bars that he gave her on the second day of school, which was the start of her catching feelings for him.

"oh yeah, i got this for you." he said, giving her three of the same chocolate bar. "i remember you said you liked these, so i thought of buying some."

"aww, you're so thoughtful." she replied, taking the chocolate and patting his head. "thank you!"

"i think i should deserve one of these." he pointed to his cheek.

"hmm, let me eat these first." she opened the first candy bar and started to eat it.

the door closed all of a sudden, making the two jump.

"i guess the show is starting." hoseok said, wrapping his arm around y/n's shoulders.