27

hoseok laughed.

"we're in the same gym class." he replied. "we're kind of, friends? like we know each other, but-"

"acquaintances?" y/n interrupted.

he nodded. "are you friends with him?"

"obviously, yeah."

"not boyfriend?" he teased, punching her shoulder lightly.

"no, i don't have a boyfriend."

"you don't? really?"

"mhm."

"ever had one?"

"yes. don't think i'll have one in a while, though."

"oh? what happened?"

"it's a little too personal. all you need to know for now is that it scarred me for life."

"if i wanted to be your boyfriend, would you let me?"

she looked at him up and down, then laughed.

"hmm. we just met each other today, though?"

"future references."

"i'll think about it, but it takes a lot to impress me."

"i'll keep that in mind."

the bravery this guy has. y/n thought to herself, shaking her head and giggling.

~ time skips ~

the school bell rings, indicating that school has ended. y/n packed her things and headed out of the classroom and the building. she looked around and tried to look for changkyun or the others. she decided to text him.

where are you?

changkyun quickly replied.

oh, NOW you text me

jk lol go to the front of the school

YN: and you think i know where that is?

CK: yikes, i forgot you were a freshman
CK: meet me at the freshman building

she sat on a nearby bench while waiting for her friend to come to pick her up. she then sees a familiar figure running towards her.

"did you run here?" she asked, laughing. changkyun sat next to her, panting and trying to catch his breath.

"yes, i thought you would be walking somewhere you shouldn't be." he replied. "you got water?"

she pulled out a water bottle from her backpack and gave it to him, who almost chugged the whole thing. he gave it back to her and stood up from the bench.

"let's go?" he offered his hand to help her stand up. she got up, leaving his hand hanging.

"so, where are you headed to after school?" he asked her.

"probably home. i mean, if you want to i can hang out at your guys' place for a while."

"if you need help with homework, then i'll help you. i still have the majority of my papers from last year that you can copy off of."

"i'm not that type of person, sorry. i like doing things myself. i don't feel accomplished nor satisfied if i copy off of someone."

"trust me. you will need it in the future."

"i think i'm good."

changkyun shrugged his shoulders, as the two finally saw the others who were waiting for them under a tree.

"let's go?" shownu asked. the others nodded and started to follow.