34

~ time skips ~

the break bell rings, and the students all file out of the classroom. y/n exits the freshman building and is greeted by hoseok again.

"you didn't take my hoodie off, didn't you?" he asked, grabbing her hand.

"i sit next to the air conditioner, and it is cold." she replied. she felt everyone staring at the two of them, knowing that almost every girl in the school likes him.

"could we get out of this crowd?" she asked.

"cafeteria it is." he replied, holding her hand tighter and walking faster. she then realized that the boys hang out at the cafeteria, and she stopped abruptly.

"maybe that's not a good idea." she advised.

"why? is it because there are also too many people?" he asked. she nodded since that was the only option presented.

"trust me, it will be okay." he reassured. she gave up and just went with the flow. they both arrived in the cafeteria hand in hand, as the people also looked at the couple. he walked over to his friends, which were a big group of girls and guys, some that she recognized.

"i'll be back," she told him. she quickly took the hoodie off and gave it back to him and ran off to her friends.

"what took so long?" minhyuk asked, as she sat down by him.

"the crowd was humongous." she lied. "i tried to get through, but it was too big, haha."

"right. well, you took so long, we-"

the bell rang, signaling everyone to go to their classes.

"damnit y/n." jooheon said, shaking his head. "if you're late for lunch, we'll be waiting for you in front of the freshman building from now on."

she sighed. "alright."

the boys said their goodbyes to her and went in their separate ways.

"there you are." she turned around and saw hoseok, with his hoodie in his hand. "why did you take it off? i thought you were cold?"

"i wasn't at the time, but i'll take it back." she replied, taking it and putting it back on.

"why did you disappear so suddenly?"

"i had to use the bathroom."

"oh. alright."

hoseok walked with y/n to her building, arm around her shoulders. once they arrived, they hugged, and he ran to the building he had to go.

~ time skips ~

the lunch bell rang, and students quickly packed up their things and walked out of the classroom. y/n exited the building as well and saw hoseok with the three friends she saw the day before.

"i can't eat with you today, i have to go finish a test for gym," he said, pulling her into a hug.

"why didn't you finish?" she asked.

"i was too busy thinking about you."

she blushed and let go of the hug. raindrops started to fall, and he put the hood on her head.

"don't you need your hoodie?" she asked. he shook his head.

"have it, don't worry about me. i'll see you in japanese. bye, y/n."

he patted her back and walked away with his friends. the raindrops started to fall harder, and she almost ran to the cafeteria.

after arriving, she saw the boys. she quickly walked to where they were and sat by kihyun.

"hey." she said, taking the hood off. the boys looked at her, confused.

"i swear, you weren't wearing that earlier." jooheon said, pointing to the hoodie. she looked at where he was pointing at and facepalmed herself.

"don't worry, it's a friend's." she lied.

"y/n, can we talk outside?" shownu asked, standing up.

"it's raining, though?" she was a bit nervous about what was about to happen. he grabbed her wrist and dragged her outside anyway. while shownu was a bit furious and irritated, y/n was nervous about what he was going to do.