37

they all arrived at the shop, and y/n sat at the table they usually drink to save some spots. shownu decided to sit with her, wanting to apologize.

"hey." he started. she looked at him. "i'm sorry about earlier. i didn't mean to talk to you like that. i talked in a more mean tone than what i wanted to."

"it's okay. i'm sorry for not wanting to tell you guys. i just thought you all would be mad or something."

"you should tell that to them, they found out."

"who told them?"

"i don't know. kihyun came to us first, and he said that someone asked him if he heard about you and hoseok dating. he was a bit mad, not going to lie."

"and then everyone else is mad at me because of that?"

"yep."

the others came back with the drinks in their hands, giving them to everyone. after sitting down, they all looked at her, hoping something would come out of her mouth. she just sipped her drink, not saying anything.

"so." minhyuk began. "got anything to say?"

"i'm sorry." she apologized, looking at the ground.

"y/n, you said that you wouldn't hide anything from us." jooheon added on, looking a bit sad but disappointed.

"okay, the thing is, why is this such a big deal?" she asked, a little annoyed. "i would've told you guys anyways, but this just wasn't the right time."

"when would've been the right time? your guys' first anniversary?" minhyuk replied, laughing. "please."

"it would've been a waste of breath if i told you the first day, then the next day we broke up."

"y/n. not to be so controlling or anything, but we have to keep an eye on you; we don't want anything bad happening to you, or your dad will be mad at us." shownu explained.

"how would i get hurt from a guy like him? he's so sweet!" she argued.

"and you're saying that about a popular guy." jooheon said, clearing his throat. "popular guys aren't always sweet."

"trust me, he is. he even gave me his hoodie because i was cold."

"yeah, and you said you wouldn't be cold this morning." kihyun popped in, laughing. she glared at him.

"well, what do you want me to do. break up with him because he's a popular guy?" she asked jooheon. "i love him too."

"just leave her alone." shownu ordered him. jooheon just shook his head and sipped his drink.

"i said i was sorry, what more do i have to do?" she asked. "if this relationship gets in the way with my friendship with you guys, i have no words."

"it won't." shownu said. "but if there are any problems you have with him, you have to promise that you'll tell us, okay?"

"obviously, the others don't agree with you." she glanced at everyone else, who was looking at the ground, some shaking their head.

"well, at least promise me. it's better than nothing."

"i promise."

"okay fine, we agree." jooheon responded. "but we're having lunch with him and you tomorrow."

"what? ugh."

"what's with that reaction?"

"she wants some privacy with her boyfriend." minhyuk teased, smirking at her. she rolled her eyes and giggled.

"whatever. don't embarrass me, though."

"you're talking as if we're embarrassing." changkyun said, pushing her.

"i mean..."

"you're so mean!"everyone just laughed, forgetting about the quarrel they had earlier.

"so, are you gonna tell your dad about it?" he asked.

"no ways, he'll kill me. and that doesn't mean you guys get to tell him too."

"what happens if we do?"

"i'll be very, very, very mad at you guys. and, i won't be talking to you guys anymore."

the boys gasped.

"anyways, i have to leave now. i have a project to do at home for astronomy!" she exclaimed, looking at her phone for the time and standing up while taking her coffee. "see you guys tomorrow!"

"bye!" the boys waved and watched her leave.

"don't forget about lunch with us, and your boyfriend tomorrow!" minhyuk yelled.

"yeah yeah." y/n answered, shaking her head and laughing. once she left, he did a little victory dance.

"and who was right again? me!" minhyuk bragged. "i'm smart; my overthinking takes me places. you idiots can't relate!"