31

~ a week later ~

everything was still the same; the boys practiced while being filmed, hoseok flirted with y/n, and school tired everyone out.

"oh my god!" minhyuk exclaimed, almost screaming while scrolling on his phone. "sistar is having a comeback, they're having a comeback!"

y/n just laughed and watched him hitting his friends because he was so excited. he then turned to her, looking a bit betrayed.

"why didn't you tell me?" he looked at her with sad eyes.

"i can't tell anyone those things; it's a secret."

"but i'm your best friend! you-"

"you? her best friend?" changkyun interrupted, putting his arm around her shoulders. "no! i'm her best friend!"

minhyuk and changkyun soon got into a silly argument, fighting over who was her best friend. she got a bit embarrassed as she saw other students look and watch the two bicker.

"can you two just shut up?" kihyun complained. "if i come back and find you two still arguing, i'm not helping you both with homework anymore."

he stood up, leaving the others to throw his trash away. minhyuk and changkyun stayed quiet but still tried to make each other flinch.

"cut it." shownu ordered. the two stopped, looking at the ground. the bell rung, signaling everyone to go to their next class.

"bye guys!" changkyun and y/n waved to the others, walking to the building where both of their electives were. they arrived at her classroom first and separated their ways. she walked into the room seeing hoseok in the seat, who saved the desk next to him for her.

she walked to her seat quickly and thanked him, and started to unpack her supplies. while doing so, she got a text from minhyuk:

so, i'm your best friend right?

she chuckled and started to text him back.

"y/n!" hoseok called out to her. she was too busy texting minhyuk and ignored him.

"y/n, give me attention!" he threw an eraser at her arm, who finally looked at him. he smiled at her, which made her smile too because his smile was something that never failed to make her day.

"yes, shin hoseok?"

"hi."

she giggled. "hey."

he scooted his seat closer to her.

"you know, it's been sometime now that we've known each other." he said. "and i don't know about you, but i'm starting to catch feelings."

looking into her eyes, he also interlocked his hand with hers. she looked at him, then back at her hand. he held her hand tighter, which made her blush.

"h-hoseok." she started to say. "this is so sudden, though. i-i can't really-"

"i know what you said before about your past boyfriend. but maybe, just maybe, i'll treat you much better than that guy. do you trust me?"

she covered her face with her other hand, which made him take her hand in his and giggle at her red face. "you're so red. are you okay?"

she couldn't say anything because she had the same feelings for him.

"i'm okay, and i do trust you. it's just that i wouldn't think a guy like you would have feelings for me."

"if you don't have the same feelings, it's okay. i understand that i'm making you very uncom-"

"shhh." she put her finger on his lips, telling him to be quiet. "it's a bit embarrassing, but i think i like you too."

his face lit up with excitement. "so, if i were to ask you to be my girlfriend, would you say yes?"

y/n nodded, feeling like her face looked just like her lips, a very bright red. hoseok just smiled so sweetly, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"i'll tell you. i won't ever treat you like your ex."