42

~ time skips ~

"well, you didn't tell me it was a romantic movie." y/n told hoseok, as both of them walked out of the theatre.

"that was a surprise for you. was it good?"

"yeah. how about you?"

"it would've been better if i was the boy, and you were the girl in the movie."

she gasped and pushed him jokingly, laughing. "well, that's not a surprise coming from you!"

they laughed and walked to his car, him opening the door for her. she got in, bucking her seatbelt while he entered the driver's side and started the car.

"any request for my lady?" he asked, quoting from the movie.

she smiled. "wherever you wanna eat at."

"i'm craving for some ramen. care to have some?"

"sure."

"okay. how about i take you to my favorite ramen restaurant?"

"that sounds wonderful."

he nodded and started to drive.

the couple arrived at a pretty big restaurant. hoseok opened the door for y/n, who climbed out and said thanks. y/n quickly ran to the window where there was a menu. these do not look too bad. she thought to herself.

he grabbed her hand and guided her into the restaurant. they immediately got seated and were given menus.

"what if we order a huge bowl of ramen and share it?" he suggested. "we can also do that noodle thing they did in the movie too."

she giggled. "sure, if that's what you want."

he called the waitress over and ordered for the two of them. while both of them waited for their food, he suddenly held both of her hands and looked at her.

"i'm sorry." he apologized.

she looked at him weirdly. "why are you sorry?"'

"this date is probably very unromantic for you. we're doing things that i like to do."

"i'm the type who likes to try new things. doing this is expanding my likes and dislikes, which is a good thing. don't worry i love it i promise."

"usually on dates, i do what the girls like to do. but, you're just so different compared to them, and i love it."

"well yeah, i'm chae y/n." she flipped her hair with her hand, and the both of them laughed.

"yes, you are, my sassy queen."

the waitress quickly came back with the food, and both of them stared at the steaming hot ramen.

"the smell is amazing." she commented, moving closer to the bowl. they picked up their chopsticks and started to eat.

"wait." he picked up a noodle and put one end in his mouth. he gave the other side of it to y/n, who hesitantly grabbed it and put it in hers as well.

the two of them started to eat the noodle, and their faces slowly came closer. they were then at a distance where their noses were almost touching. hoseok tilted his head as if he was about to kiss her, but she quickly felt uneasy; she ruined the sweet moment by cutting the noodle with her teeth and pulled away. his eyes widened, surprised by the action.

"aww man, i thought you were gonna kiss me." he said, pouting his lips.

"i-i'm sorry. i-"

"it's alright, i'm sorry. let's eat."

y/n and hoseok ate in an atmosphere where it felt awkward and quiet, but they just concentrated on eating. she felt guilty herself for ruining his mood, but she couldn't help it because she felt uncomfortable.

the two finished eating, still not saying a word to each other.

"that was delicious." y/n said, trying to break the awkward silence.

"yes. this is what i order every time i come here. i can never get tired of this."

she nodded, taking her phone out of her bag. she turned on her phone and jumped when she saw all the unread messages she got from her father and mother. they are going to kill me, alright.

"what happened?" he asked, looking at her concerned.

"my parents texted me about why i'm not home, and i think we have to cut it short today."

"oh, okay. i'll pay for the food quickly and drive you home soon."

"thank you so much. i am so sorry, hoseok."

"it's all good, don't worry." he smiled and raised his hand to call the waitress. what a gentleman. she thought to herself, smiling when she watched him pull out his credit card from his wallet.

after he paid for the food, both of them ran out of the restaurant and jumped into his car. he quickly started the engine and drove to her house as fast as possible.

"so, do i introduce myself as your boyfriend?" hoseok asked, stopping the car in front of her house.

"no way. we'll save that for another day." y/n replied, unbuckling her seatbelt quickly. "thank you for today, and i'm sorry it had to end so suddenly."

"it's no problem. i'm glad i got to spend time with you."

she quickly opened the car door, and he rolled down the window.

"i'll see you on monday!" she said, motioning him to drive away. hoseok nodded and smiled, blowing a kiss, and went away.

y/n walked to the front door and took a deep breath, preparing herself for what will happen in that house.