56

~ present time ~

"and that's how everything happened." y/n finished explaining, now wanting to cry because the dreadful memories were now fresh in her head. the boys looked at her, feeling sorry. they all walked over to her and hugged her, and tears started to fall from her eyes.

"y/n, i'm so sorry this all happened to you." shownu said, letting go of the hug. everyone eventually let go and looked at her, who was now wiping tears with the back of her hand.

"well, i learned my lesson at least. not to play with people's feelings."

"but the fact that he got you back not once, but twice. that is so messed up." jooheon added, shaking his head. "sometimes i wonder what goes through his head."

"honestly, he shouldn't have been mad at you like this in the first place." changkyun added on. "you didn't know, and he just made the whole situation so much worse."

"i mean i guess it's alright now." she replied. "it's-"

"it's alright now? no way y/n!" minhyuk yelled, throwing his diary on the ground. "we have to get him and his group back now!"

"no. it'll just make everything worst."

"oh yeah, we'll get them back, of course." shownu continued. "we'll beat them in this competition and become the group that will debut. you'll see y/n!"

she smiled, not worrying too much anymore. "you guys are the best."

"wait, so how did your dad react to this?" minhyuk asked.

"he doesn't know."

"what?" everyone looked at her, shocked.

"why didn't you tell him?" kihyun questioned.

"i don't know. i didn't want my dad to get mad at them and kick them out of the company."

"you should've! look at how you are now. you are hurt mentally and physically."

"i guess i didn't have the heart to."

"see, look what they did to you!" minhyuk popped in. "it seems to me that you're scared of them."

"n-no!"

"oh really? according to my diary, this dates back to the first day we took you for breakfast. you hesitated when kihyun opened the door. care to explain why?"

"what? i don't even remember that!"

"you said, 'maybe you shouldn't answer the door then.' what does that mean?"

she thought about why she said that, going through some messages on her phone. a message then reminded her of why.

"ohh. kwangji texted me and said that he was going to knock on your door or something like that."

"so your dad didn't text you then." kihyun jumped back into the conversation.

"i guess not."

the boys looked at each other, then looked back at her.

"how did you guys meet first of all?" shownu asked out of curiosity.

"the same way i started my friendship with you guys. my dad took me to one of their practices, and i watched them. ever since then, i started to hang out with them."

"how did you end it?" minhyuk continued to ask.

"easy. i just said that they were boring."

"y/n is pretty smooth." changkyun gently pushed her, smirking. she just laughed.

"it's whatever now; this is in the past and, he doesn't need to know now."

"what he will know are the two hand marks that are on your face." shownu pointed to the marks on her cheeks. she touched them and sighed.

"i can just cover it up with makeup." she answered. "do you guys have any makeup lying around?"

"we're guys y/n. we don't have makeup." jooheon said, chuckling.

"hmm. i'll go to the drug store, i'll be back." y/n stood up and grabbed her phone, and walked to the door.

"wait, i'll come. i need to get something too." kihyun said, also standing up and following her out of the dorm.