87

~ time skips ~

"bye, everyone!" jooheon waved as he watched the other group exit the dorm.

"we'll see you all later," kwangji replied, waving and closing the door behind him. once the door closed, everyone looked at kihyun and y/n.

"so, i'm guessing it went well?" changkyun asked kihyun.

he nodded. "her dad accepted us as a couple."

"but, i feel like we need to keep it on the down-low." y/n popped in. "scandals, am i right?"

"well, all i can say is congratulations, and don't mess up." shownu said, patting the two on the back.

"i promise, i'll try my best to keep this." kihyun replied, looking at her with a smile.

~ a week later ~

"i can't believe today's your last day." y/n told the boys as they all walked to school. the final episode got released the night before, and the news spread that they are the next group to debut. hyungwon called the school to let them know that they won't be attending jinjoo high anymore and will be taking online schooling.

"i know, i feel bad for you." changkyun responded. "the fact that we're the only people you hang out with, it'll be hard for you now."

"it's just school i'll be fine i guess. i'll mind my own business, and i'll try to make friends as well."

"how do you feel, kihyun? you won't be seeing your girlfriend at school anymore." minhyuk teased. y/n rolled her eyes and hit his arm.

"stop it, it is not that bad." she told him, chuckling. kihyun, on the other hand, felt uneasy.

"i'll miss it, i'll admit it." kihyun replied, looking at the ground, then grabbing her hand tightly. "but, i trust her enough that she won't be talking to other guys, right y/n?"

"of course, why would i?"

"we're close; you two should stop it." shownu warned the couple. kihyun let go of her hand, making her sigh. they all arrived at the entrance of the campus, greeted with loud cheers and screams.

"see you after school y/n!" jooheon said, waving. y/n was about to leave them, but kihyun pulled her arm, causing her body to go towards his.

he gave her a tight hug, then looked at her eyes. "be safe, and please text me whenever you can."

"i promise."

"alright, see you, y/n."

"i love you!" she whispered in his ear before running away from the boys. he was shocked to hear those three words come out of her mouth, and he blushed out of embarrassment.

i can't believe she said it before i did. he thought to himself, feeling somewhat mad at himself. but, those thoughts disappeared when he heard other students call his name for pictures and autographs.

"gosh, why do they have to be so loud?" jooheon mumbled under his breathe. the boys just tried their best to separate into their buildings.

~ time skips ~

y/n was one of the early ones to arrive at her elective first. she managed to have a nice lunch by sitting outside underneath a tree while admiring the blue sky. she also got to slip a few texts to kihyun, who really needed her.

"hey y/n." the voice of hoseok welcomes her as he sat next to her.

"hey."

"so, i heard that your friends are the next debut group, yeah?"

"yeah. it seems so unreal, but i'm happy for them."

"same here. your friend hyunwoo is getting all the juniors; he's taking my crown!"

y/n laughed. "pfft, don't worry. you'll have your crown back tomorrow."

"hmm? i was joking. what do you mean?"

"well, today's their last day here."

"what? that is crazy! i wish i could hang out with them one more time, at least. the time when we ate with them was one of the best."

"i don't know if you can hang out with them after school or anytime at all."

"why?"

"i mean, they're technically celebrities now. they can't be hanging out with any strange people."

"why?"

"that's how it is in the idol world; everything is limited, and there's like no freedom. especially now, since they are going to debut soon."

"at least tell them i wish them good luck. i'll talk with hyunwoo in the next class."

"alright."