85

kihyun ran and ran, trying his best to go to her house as quickly as he could. he was excited and nervous, but he thought that it would be a little awkward between the two.

he finally arrived at y/n's house and saw her sitting on her porch on her phone.

"y/n." he called.

she looked up and saw him, which made her stand up."kihyun. you read my letter, didn't you?"

he didn't say anything and started to look at the ground.

"do i have to say it in person? i will. i like you, kihyun." she said, walking a little closer to him. he looked up, seeing her a step away from him.

he couldn't help it but to pull her into an embrace, hugging her as if that's the last time he'll see her. she hugged him back, just as tight.

"i like you too, y/n." he told her. her eyes widened, not expecting those words to come out of his mouth.

"you w-what?" she let go of the hug, looking at him.

"yes. i like you too y/n."the two looked at the ground, embarrassed.

"so what happens now?" he asked her, looking up.

"let's date."

"date? your father won't allow-"

"date you say?" the two looked at the front door and saw hyungwon leaning against the doorframe.

"dad? since when were you there?" she asked.

"don't worry." hyungwon replied. he looked at kihyun and smiled. "maybe i will allow you two to date."

"really?" the two love birds said at the same time.

"i suppose so. after y/n told me that she had feelings for you, i was, of course, confused and a little mad. i purposely gave you and your group that song to see what you would've done, and i'm not surprised that you all did a love song."

"and your solo bridge verse in your song kihyun? i know it was for y/n. i also saw you making eye contact with her, which shocked me a bit. today at the feast, i knew you were looking for her as well. i thought you would admit that you were looking for her when i asked you that question, but i guess i intimidated you a bit in a way, right?"

kihyun hesitantly nodded, a bit uneasy about what he was saying.

"in conclusion, i've seen what you've done. i approve of this couple, under one condition. if you hurt my daughter, you'll be starting something bad in the company. am i clear?"

"yes, hyungnim, thank you." kihyun bowed to him, flustered. he looked back at y/n and was speechless.

"dad, stop being so overprotective." she told her dad.

hyungwon just sighed and chuckled. "i'm just looking out for you, sweetheart. i'll be heading inside now, and i'll let you two be." he entered the house and closed the door behind him.

y/n sighed and looked at kihyun. "i'm sorry that he was like that just now."

"no, no, it's fine, he should be overprotective like that. if not, he wouldn't be a good father."

the two didn't say anything; the silence was so quiet you could hear a leaf fall from a tree.

"so y/n." he started, gathering all of the courage he had left. "would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"yes, yes, i will."

kihyun grinned, feeling like the happiest boy in the world. he pulled her into a hug again, swinging her side to side.

"you know, this is so much better than kwangji's or hoseok's confessions." she told him, giggling.

"why?"

"because this was such an 'experience'; i had to think a lot about my feelings, unlike kwangji or hoseok."

"already talking about other guys, hmm? y/n, you know you shouldn't do that."

"shut up. you sound like shin hoseok!"

"he told you that?"

"yeah! it made me mad!"

kihyun giggled, letting go of the hug and caressing her cheek with his thumb. "let's go get a snack at the convenience store. we said that we were going to do that the last time we saw each other like this."

y/n nodded and held his hand. he was a bit surprised, but he squeezed her hand tighter. they both then started to walk to the store, hand in hand, and new emotions filling up their bodies.