77

~ the next day ~

the two groups arrived at the studio and waited for the producers to come. the camera crew was already filming them, which made the atmosphere feel a little awkward.

not long after, two producers came into the room with hyungwon. hyungwon explained to the trainees what they had to do, then assigned the groups their own producer.

"good luck!" hyungwon ended his talk. the trainees bowed and headed to different rooms, following the producers. group b sat in the room with their producer, still feeling uncomfortable about everything.

"i'm hyunjin, and i'll be your producer for this challenge." he introduced himself, bowing to the trainees. they nodded in response, slightly smiling at the same time.

"so, i made this not so long ago, but it has like a, i don't know, a chill vibe? you have to hear it yourself." he pressed a few things on his laptop and made the boys listen to the beat.

after listening to the whole thing, it gave all of them a familiar vibe. it did have a bit of a chill vibe, but it also sounded upbeat.

"hyung, this reminds me of the song we recorded." jooheon whispered to kihyun. kihyun's eyes widened because not only did he agree, but he was getting a love song vibe from it as well.

"is there another sound we can use? i don't think my raps fit well with this." changkyun asked the producer. the others who disagreed all glared at him.

"don't listen to him. we will use this." kihyun interfered, almost wanting to stand up from his seat. hyunjin nodded and pressed some buttons on his laptop. he grabbed a flash drive from his pocket and plugged it into the computer.

after a few minutes, he unplugged the drive and gave it to shownu. "this is the audio you will be using. all i have to say is good luck and fighting!"

the boys thanked him, then walked back to the room they were waiting in earlier. hyungwon also came into the room with the other group behind him and smiled.

"well, i think we are finished. thank you, boys. let's go, trainees!"

"thank you!" the trainees thanked their producers and followed hyungwon out of the studio.

after exiting the building, the trainees stood in a line.

"leaders, do you have your flash drives?" hyungwon asked. shownu and kwangji nodded, taking the drives out of their pockets and holding them up.

"good. i'll see you soon, which will be when you will be recording your songs." hyungwon finished with a grin and a nod. "good luck, and fighting!"

the trainees smiled back and filed into their vans.

the trainees were all dropped off at the dorms, and they rushed to start their progress. although a little over three weeks was a lot, time would fly faster than they can imagine.

"here, plug it into this." jooheon told shownu, giving him his laptop. shownu obeyed and plugged the flash drive into the computer and didn't wait long until the whole song loaded.

"okay, we need ideas. anyone has any thoughts about what we should write about?" shownu asked.

"jooheon told me in the studio that it reminded him of the song we both recorded not a while ago. i agree with him, and i was thinking, we can write something about love." kihyun suggested. minhyuk, jooheon, and shownu were quick to nod in agreement. however, changkyun wasn't sure yet.

"i think that'll be hard for me." changkyun spoke out. "i haven't had any experience with love. how am i supposed to write about it?"

"with the help of us." kihyun replied. "after all, this is a team effort."

"you're right. let's do it."