Chapter Sixty-Two: Swan Song

Start from the beginning

    To make sure Sam's body didn't up and combust, they had to get a boatload of demon blood.

    After driving to a local warehouse, the boys left to go to work while Bobby went to buy a newspaper. Jess and Chloe went over optional procedures of evacuation. Jessica had decided on her own that she'd be going with Dean when the time came...as he wasn't just gonna leave his brother to ice the devil alone.

    When the boys returned, they all had gallon jugs of demon blood. Chloe helped them put them in the back of the Impala as Jess stopped by the van.

    "You okay?" Bobby asked as Dean walked over to them.

    "Not really. What do you got?"

    Bobby looked down at the newspaper. "Not much. These look like omens to you?" He said and handed the paper to Dean. "Cyclone in Florida, temperature drop in Detroit, wildfires in L.A."

    Dean looked up at Bobby when Detroit was mentioned.

    "Wait. What about Detroit?"

    "Temp's dropped about 20 degrees, but only in a five-block radius of downtown Motown."

    That seemed strange to Jess. Why would only a section of a city have a lower temperature? If it was a normal day then that may make sense...but all the end is nigh crap seemed to set things in perspective.

    "That's the one. Devil's in Detroit."

    Jessica tipped her head up, "You really think he's there?"

    Dean nodded and handed back the newspaper.

    "Yeah, I'm sure." He said with such positivity that it was scary.

• • • • • •

    (Chloe's POV)

    After getting the blood, they all set off for Detroit. Jess was sleeping against the window in Bobby's van. Chloe was checking the internet for any other signs that warranted the apocalypse just as a precaution as they followed behind the Impala.

    The van followed the Impala into a curve when Bobby said.

    "I'm not sure why you're helping us...but thanks."

    Chloe looked over at him. She stared at his beard for a moment, taking a breath before responding. "How did you know?"

    "I'm old but I do have eyes. Jess said you worked with Cas so I just figured we had another angel in our corner but then Crowley showed up and I knew."

    "He told you?" Chloe asked. It sounded like him.

    "No no, he didn't have to. I put two and two together. Jess trusts you and for right now that's enough for me. But if you ever hurt that girl."

    "I understand." She said as seriously as she could. She knew the old hunter didn't trust her fully but it was enough for now.

    "Besides you're really too sassy to be an angel."

    "Don't tell Cas that," They both chuckled, "...thanks then for not ganking me."

    The old man didn't respond and that was okay. Chloe smiled.

• • • • • •

    (Jess's POV)

    Bobby and Chloe left to go stake out the building, so Jess stayed with the boys. Dean was messing with the weapons in the trunk and Sam was just chillin.