Chapter Forty-Four: Dark Side of the Moon

They stayed at Bobby's for about a week and then they hit the road once more.

    Bobby wasn't taking the events that had happened in Sioux Falls well but Jess was giving him the benefit of the doubt as he'd to kill his wife for the second time. Dean and Sam had told her that Karen had been possessed by a demon many years ago and ultimately died. It had been before Bobby was a hunter and he didn't know stabbing her would kill her. Jess felt so sorry for the man, having to go through that not once but twice.

    She also hadn't taken it well either. Karen was so nice to her in the one day that she'd gotten to know her. The woman was cheery and loved to bake so they bonded quickly. It was as if the mood of the house changed when she was there, it was homier, more alive and it reminded Jess of when her mother was still living.

    Bobby had to kill Karen which upset not only Bobby but Jess as well. It was as if they couldn't have anything good in this life at all. She felt empty after that, maybe because she missed her own mom.

    The two hardly spoke for the remainder of the time Jess was at the house, opting to read in quiet instead. Jessica didn't mind because she didn't know what to really say to Bobby. He was a tough guy who had lost more than most and Jess figured he wasn't the type to be doted on and there wasn't anything to be said. 

    Soon after, the trio was back on the road with a new case and everything was going just fine until Sam and Dean were killed in the middle of the night.

    Jessica had snuck out to see Chloe who was in the area to do business and when she arrived back very early in the morning, she found Sam and Dean on their beds stewing in their own blood. Someone had shot them up with bullets.

    To say that she freaked out was an understatement. Seeing Sam and Dean just lying there nearly broke her. Wracked with sobs she sat on the motel floor for hours taking turns crying and then just staring. Staring at their corpses. There was so much blood. She didn't dare move or touch them...she couldn't. She saw that the wounds were from a shotgun, but who would do such a thing? 

    No one had been tailing them that she knew of. What was she supposed to do now?  She heard her phone ring and ring but she didn't pick it up. She couldn't. How was she supposed to tell Bobby after everything with Karen and now? She wanted to vomit. She called for Cas but she forgot all about the sigils on her ribs. If anyone could help them, it'd be him.

    Eventually, she heard a knock on the door, for some reason it brought her out of her mental cage. What if it was the maid or the owners? What would she tell them? How would she explain the bodies and the blood? What if the cops got involved?

    "Jess." Came a voice through the door. She blinked.

    "Jess? You in there?" Someone familiar asked. Jess bolted for the door and flung it open. Her demon best friend was there with a smile on her face.

    "Hey girl, what's wrong?" Chloe asked and looked at Jess. She was a mess and covered in blood.

    "Chloe..." Jessica's voice monotone, a lump forming in her throat from the tears.

    "Jessica!? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" She asked her friend, very concerned now.

    "They're...they're ..." She whispered and pointed to the beds. Jess saw Chloe move towards the boys but closed her eyes.

    "Hey, Jess." At her name, she took a brief glance over to the other side of the room at the boys but then immediately looked back at Chloe and took her hand she offered. "Hey, how about we go over here. We're gonna sit in the chair okay?"