41. Dress up nicely

She was on her way to her house when she notice that familiar face nearing her. For sure, she knows who it was since her eyes are clear because of her spectacles.

"Chocho?"

"There you are! I kept standing at your door! I've waited for like a year! Where were you anyway?"

"Just went to buy some groceries in the market." She honestly replied

"Well, It's three in the afternoon, weren't you going to get ready?"

That's was odd, why would she'd be ready for?

"What do you mean?"

"Duh?! Come on, I'll manage to make you look good!" Chocho drags her to her own house

"Chocho?! What are you doing?" She didn't try to withdraw her hand from her bestfriend because she was afraid to offend her.

"Aren't you going to meet Boruto later?"

"Huh? How did you know? I never told you about it?"

"Can't you be more clever? That message that convey the meet up was sent through Inojin's jutsu! Of course and foremost I already knew! We're a team, remember?"

She actually had a point in there. It wasn't surprising since they were a team, they go and stay together. Chocho grabel her bags and place them on the dinning table. She once again drag he into her bedroom.

She let Sarada sat on her bed while she search in the heiress' clothset. Looking everywhere, skipping the dresses that's not fit to the chubby's liking.

"What are you looking for Chocho? Why are you rushing so anxiously?"

"I'm looking for a dress that you might wear later on," she had her both hanfs on her waist, "why so plain? It's almost all battle gear are hanging here?!" She turn to face the Uchiha, "Hey! Don't you have a dress that only reserve for a special occassion?"

She chuckle to Chocho, knowing that she should have known that she's not a fan of dresses.

"I don't have one Chocho, besides what's the occassion? All of you seems so weird today?! I'm just going to meet up with Boruto, what's the big deal?"

"Well, aren't you going to be fabulous on a date with him? Make all the girls jealous with your beauty and figure?! Make them think that they are uncomparable to you?!"

"Chocho? Where did you get that Idea from? Besides, I don't do the showing-off thing. I'm contented of being me and contented just being ordinary. I don't need fancy dresses to look astonishing because I already am... in my own way."

"Aren't you too soft? Did you forgotten how they mistreated you because you're dating Konoha's prince charming or should I say your prince charming?"

She swing her feet one after another and look somewhere to avert her friend's gaze.

"I already set those aside, if they're jealous then let them be... I'm just happy. If they can't accept that then they'll remain jealous as always. I may have the perfect life they always wanted. Dating the hot guy in the village, being the daughter of two apprentice of the two legendary sannins. Apprentice of the powerful shinobi, lord seventh. The heiress of a well-known clan, Uchiha. Gifted with such intellegence and skills. Perfect in everything... I don't care if that's they want. I am just contented in life where happiness lingers around me. Chocho, I always make wise choices because its for the best, but now that I think of it... it was worth but did I ever made myself happy?"

"You are happy that the two of you got together."

"Before that, silly!" She sigh while giving a beam of a little smile. "I mean, when the time I was struggling to have an Ideal life where I always ignore or will not consider happiness... because I thought that if I work harder, further, I would get to be happy. But I just don't need to work full pledge to be happy, it just happen." She turn to finally meet her brown eyes

"You're saying things to get the topic change, aren't you? But I totally understand it, it was in fact what I wanted you to realize long ago but my hints probably paid off!"

Sarada only giggled, she was indeed changing the topic, not gonna lie. She got up and walk towards her clothset. The chubby one, thought that she'll say something but simply bent down and grab something under. She show it to Chocho, it was her best choice for an ordinary outfit.

"This will do!"

Chocho look at her and at the cloth she just shown her, "are you drunk? This is too plain!" She complaint

"I'll rock this date on my own way! In that case, I'm happy with just plain but colorful things! I don't need to be fancy and I'll refuse to your choices of clothing!"

The chubby one couldn't do anything. Once the Uchiha heiress had decided, she'll do what she wanted to do, you'll never win against her guts.

This was the most exaggerating thing being friends with her. But even having a kind of temper, she'll always support her.