29. Option

"Can you tell me why?"

She went silent for at least 7 seconds, she was confuse of what he wanted to know.

"What do you mean?"

He sigh with a smirk, meet her onyx eyes again with great significant.

"It's been 5 months... No, it's been 8 months that I've waited for a reply. I didn't even get a single information of you that time. I want to be honest, and the truth hurts more than what you thought it looks like... just this day, as I planned to court you in different ways, is the day I would know that you went to his embrace. How long? Is it going to be 6 months later on?... I don't want you to feel guilty because it's also my fault that I fell for you, my fault that I bet a hundred percent hope that you'd fall into my arms,"

Her eyes opened wide to hear this confession from the guy who knew nothing but to smile so sweetly.

"... I still smile even thou it's obvious that it was painful. Painful to hear and painful to see... I always find myself been lured to a corner where all I can see are lies, beautiful and majestic lies... but when I saw how happy you were, yet the person infront of you is another... it struck me down to the core that even the sweetest lie can't bail me out of that painful prison I'm in. I wanna do something to it... I wanna feel alive again... yet, I was left alone by the person I thought would never hurt me... but fate seems to punish me, is it because I couldn't let go of my past?"

"Kagura, That's-"

"Maybe I was expecting too much in reality, I never knew how abrasive actuality can be... Sarada-chan, I wanna ask you?..." his eyes gleams with deep sorrow, it spark as thou he was about cry "Did it even happened that I might have a chance to be with you? Or better yet, in the beginning... did I have a small amount of chance to win you?"

Sarada was left with a zipped mouth, she could only shook her head facing down. She don't know what to think or even feel? Should she be guilty? Or perhaps sad? Or should she felt dismay towards her acts?

"I..." the first word that came after a few second of silence. Kagura was delighted for her to say anything but he expected the worst

"I... I literally don't know... I don't know if I ever even given you a chance or I somehow did... to think it through, I deceived myself to be happy on the part where sadness took place in my heart... I didn't intensionally used you to distract myself, and I didn't even bother to think that because I don't want people to get involve in my matters..." she finally lift her head up to closely see his face.

Kagura was looking at her with the same expression as thou he was expecting it from the moment he ask her 'why?'

"... fortunately, you were there to comfort me, and I ran to you because you were the one who genuinely let me be me infront of you... I am sorry for hurting you, I literally am... its not just the pain, its from the person who gave it... I truely understand that you're hurt and frustrated, and disappointed, and-and-and-"

"Please," this made Sarada look at him with concern "like I said before; I don't want you to feel guilty about it... I was the one hoping, you don't need to blame yourself... I was clearly the one who presume and fantasize something that wouldn't exist... Sarada-chan, be free from self criticize cause no one blame you just because I like you... if you still feel a slight guilty then don't be. One of the most courageous decision you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul... and I'm glad that I was your comfortness in times of your unlitted days. I just... didn't actually thought that... you would find happiness to someone who isn't me. I admitted I don't like it, but what could I do?! I could just simply look at you from afar contentedly while I was left alone with a bittersweet smile."

Sarada couldn't say anything to explain herself, Kagura took most of the thought she would've answer him.

Kagura stared at her with whole sadness gleaming at his face. His eyes began to water a little but he would refuse to let it fall. You can't say a man can't cry, they will if theu were hurt too much that you cannot imagine how deep the wound that you've cause them.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered

"I told you-"

"I'm sorry," she repeated "I didn't know what to do but Kagura-san... I don't want to cause you agony because I couldn't give back the affection you felt for me... I loved Boruto and that's all I could ever do, I can only love one person and that is Boruto."

"I see... sometimes we imagine things that beyond our own, in the end it turn out to be something you can't tell whether it's right or wrong... Sarada-chan, although I admitted that I was hurt. All I wish now is your endless happiness..."

Remember this, if I can't be your guardian in the light, I would be your angel in disguise and only live upon your shadow as your knight...

Even how tearful the word he let out, she manage to smile at him, a sad and relief smile.

"Kagura-san... thank you."

He wanted sulk so badly now, but he can't hide for now. She was with him but she belonged to someone else. He should be happy to let his first love go, at least he tried any means to ask her but her heart insisted on another.

"Sarada-chan," he look up brightly to her while she return with a pitiful gaze.

He wasn't sure to ask her this but he needed to, just incase...

"If you ever change your mind. Please, I'm still your option."