34. That night

They went back inside that big stadium and the two of them were completely alone. It was getting a little dark now but that didn't bother them because the talk is what made them serious in the mood.

She was taken to a crowd's bench closely to the tower where the five kages seated. They sat together by 2 feets apart.

She stared at that blank arena where she reminisce way back 6 years ago when Bolt cheated.

She remembered, even when he cheated, he never really forgot her. When the three of them face off to each other, Boruto offered to helped against Shinki. He manifestly how he was worried when she was slam down to the wall, avenging her by winning against Shinki too.

Although, that day he was caught cheating by the Hokage himself. But he never really mean it, the way he acts manifest the long of attention from his father, the Hokage. She quitely understands him, better than all of them do. She knew how it felt to be wondering around with no father to watch you, give you some advice, or even watch you improve.

Hard to tell but she was certain that at that time, she was the only one who understand him. And since like that, they've gone to different adventures with a little fun to take it seriously.

"Are you recalling your old memories in this stage?" Kagura interrupted her imaginings

She look at him with contented eyes, "yeah... it's been so long and it was indeed worth to be missed."

Kagura smiled at her in return. "I was just... wanna talk to you, as a capitulate to this silly chasing."

Sarada could only stared at him dumbfounded. It was like this sudden declaration unanticipatedly been shown in a pecurliar timing.

"I already foretold that you'll choose him rather than me, but I still do hope that everything will be on my side, yet I was only hallucinating. Even if I tried to be a better person for you... it's just that your heart beats for another. And I started to think that, maybe my first love was unfortunate. And frankly speaking, I should just let it go and find new things on my own... you know, he clearly won that night..."

This kinda turn their conversation interesting, 'that night' was he referring to that one night that made her don't want to  rewine that moment. The way Kagura look liked while laying on the ground, Boruto on the opposite side been beaten up badly. How that night fell into a chaotic drama that lasted about three months to finish.

"I'll tell you..." he added

~• Flashback •~

"Fight me." Kagura sternly said with that determine eyes

"What?" Boruto's deep voice completely uttered the curious tone

"Fight me! If your really that determine to win her back without me being on the way... just this, fight me. Fight me until I can't stand, fight me and be determine to win cause I promise I'll straightly walk away voluntarily. Fight me, and I'll stop courting her. Fight me to win her over... I will not step aback without a fight! Boruto, a man to man... challenge me for her!"

Boruto was left with a messy mind, he was a man and so does Kagura. He was right, one should win and the other should lose. But fighting isn't a soluting to solve a problem but for her they'll make an exception.

"You know, you're no match for me?!" He warn, complete pleading for him to stop his nonsenses

"But if its for her, I'll do any takes. I can't protect her if I can't even fight, Boruto... she needs a man and that man can either be one of us!"

Either one of us... this four words rang through his head, and for sure this mean only one thing... one has to win.

__________

It took 16 minutes of their duel to end. He was gasping some little air while he could barely stand on his feet. Kagura really did a great job by fighting him nonstop. Fortunately for him, he won. He won.

Kagura was laying opposite to him, his sword was feets before him, his eyes were shut. Boruto could taste that bittle flavor of his very own blood, obviously it was dropping on his chin from his mouth.

Lastly, Sarada and the others came. To her terror, she couldn't believe what she saw, that scene made her unable to speak. Battles are already common to her but this was a surprise. Nor team 10 or even Mitsuki said another thing.

All what happened next was unexpected. He let her choose between them and from that he even bet their friendship, if choosing Kagura, that mean she has to end her relations to Boruto.

"... Then, I shall end our so-called friendship here... from this day. I, Sarada Uchiha, will no longer consider you as my friend, Uzumaki Boruto."

~• End of flashback •~

"... from that, even if I was the one who offered the challenge... I should have already stop everything by the time I have fallen into the ground. But at that time, I was hoping that it did change in a slight second. Who knew that you would choose to help me rather than save your friendship with him? From that moment, hope bloom inside me... and I wanted to risk again."

Now she understand why Kagura said he already won that night, but she didn't want to give hope to Kagura, knowing that its too painful to take risk.

"I helped you for the better." She answered, not looking in his eyes and stared out of nowhere

"You see, it did turn out to be the most devastating drama I've gone through my whole life... yet." She added, "But I did learn things and so does you and him, if we somehow got it wrong, then let us learn from it. We don't need to sulk too long and be lifeless because of it, let's be free from frustrations. Life decisions change everything, even end up in a critical condition but guess it only challenge you because it wanted you to become brave to what possibilities might occur in the future. Faith has its way."

She was always the wise one to give advises and one of the best traits Kagura liked about her. If he could only wish for a thing, that is to stay beside her... forever.

"Well, I just wanted to declare my permanent 'give up' and start to let my feeling drift away." By this Sarada finally looked him in the eye, "I certainly and forevermore wish you luck and happiness... be completed by his side, feel contented and bliss."

She gave him a affiliative smile, "and I foremost expect you to have the same faith."

Kagura gave a little giggle, "is that a behest?"

"Obviously it isn't. But yes, it is."