Chapter 21 - I am so Proud

Start from the beginning

"Ah, there you are," Acnologia recognized, perhaps a bit annoyed as Natsu pulled away from the embrace.

"Who are you?" Natsu demanded of the new cloaked masquerader.

"Ankserham," Riki recognized the figure from folk tales and books, years of research centered around undoing death taught you a few things about the god of it.

That name sent chills up Nastu's spine as even E.N.D recoiled at the thought of that. Ankserham had no face beneath their hood, no hands in the sleeves of their robes, they floated across the floor like some spirit and came to rest before Riki, their hood turned towards Acnologia.

" You are dead. That is irrefutable," Ankserham's voice was otherworldly. It couldn't be tied to a gender or even a language. They merely spoke and were understood, it was eerie and unnerving.

Natsu and Nashi both felt a cold sweat build up on the back of their neck but it was nothing compared to the buckets Riki was sweating.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. I wasn't trying to pull a Zeref," Acnologia dismissed.

"You are to return to where the dead trod," Ankserham demanded.

"I will when I'm ready," Acnologia snapped fearlessly.

"Do not tempt - "

"What are you gonna do?" Acnologia challenged. "I am the only man capable of keeping Serena quiet for three minutes so unless you plan to hear repeats of musicals for the next eternity, you'll give me five minutes and deal with that bastard while I deal with my kids, is that alright?"

Natsu wouldn't lie, watching Acnologia blatantly challenge the god of death instilled a whole new level of respect for the dragon king.

Ankserham sighed and looked back to Riki, "Do what you will Acnologia, but this cretin is mine to deal with."

There were no words to explain the look of terror that was etched into Riki's face.

"Riki Nelandi, that is your name," Ankserham stated simply as their hood angled down towards the terrified man.

Riki opened his mouth to speak but found no power to even breathe.

"You've attempted to upset the balance of life and death. You've attempted to do the unforgivable and resurrect those rightfully deceased. You've disturbed the dead, upset the living, and caused nothing but strife for the balance. For that... there is but one punishment - " Ankserham raised their sleeve as a gloved hand suddenly appeared before him, pointing towards Riki's figure.

"Hold on, hold on, stop," Acnologia interjected. "If you're saying what I think you're saying, you better just stop."

"Acnologia, I would appreciate if you would not meddle with affairs beyond yourself," Ankserham scolded.

"No, because if you make that little rat immortality and the power to kill everyone you'll remake yourself a little angry Zeref and cause nothing but issues for everyone else!" Acnologia growled.

"Do you know how I find balance?" Ankserham chided. "Do you know the workings of the world or the weight of lives? Do you know the fate of everything under the sky?"

"No, but I know that Zeref was a huge pain in my ass and I would greatly appreciate you not put my brats in jeopardy!" Acnologia objected.

"The world does not revolve around your family, Acnologia," Ankserham reminded the dragon king.

"Maybe not for you," Acnologia scoffed.

"If you do not approve of my judgment, what would you propose instead? For at the moment, cursing this man would result in a permanent lesson he would never forget," Ankserham asked. "Why shouldn't I proceed?"