Haunted Memories

I didn't knew what I felt anymore I was both angry and hurt. If she didn't liked she could have simply told me that the kiss was a mistake and she liked somebody else. I groaned and took out all my anger and resentment on the punching bag in front of me.

I got home took a cold shower and changed. I checked my phone and I had three missed calls from Tony the right hand man of my so called father. I called him back and he told my father needed to see me and before I could ask something else he told me it was important.

I sighed and changed once again into more 'respectable clothes'. I was doing the buttons of my shirt when my phone dinged with a message from Camila. I roll my eyes and check it out to see Camila asking what time she should come. I wrote out a simple message and headed out.

I have a severe headache today.- S

I opened the door of the well reputed  huge mansion if only they knew what motives were held in the inside. I sighed heavily before walking inside.

"Ah you're here."

"What do you want from me?" I asked

"This isn't the way you talk to your dad."
"You are not my dad and you'll never will be. So if you don't have anything else to say then you'll have to excuse me." I replied clenching my jaw tightly.

"You have to come with us to a party tonight." He replied.

"And why do you think so?"

"Because, the Levys have to attend-"

"I'm not a Levy and I'll never be one, I'm a Mendes and will always be. You can force that name in public, but that won't change any damn thing." I cut him and walked away.

And just like that, talking to that coward man my brian is once again harassed by memories which I suppress deep in my soul. I quickly drive back to my apartment avoiding a potential breakdown in the middle of the street. I sat down on the bed and looking at that one photograph of what used to be my family, tears start to slip out my eyes.

When I was young, if anyone had told me that after some years this hell would be my life, I'd tell them in no way hell that could be the truth. But still here I am. When I was 10 my father passed away from pulmonary fibrosis. My mother after morning for 3 years, decided to move on with her life. So when I was 14, she married Mark Levy. I supported her decision because I thought she was happy but only if I knew what was tend to happen after just a year.

One day, he just brought a body wrapped in a white cloth and started crying saying it was my mom and she died from an car accident. I cried, I sobbed, I blamed myself everyday for more than a month. But then one day, I got early from school as they announced it a half day due to heavy rain, I was going to my room when I heard hushed voices coming from his office. I knew it was a bad thing but I eavesdropped the conversation.

"She had to die, I should have never married a scared cat but I wanted someone for my reputation you know but she found about me and threatened me like can you believe that....... But I didn't knew I had to kill her, just like the other two. What a hard life it is to be a gang leader."

I heard the voice of no other but my stepfather, how could he do that to my mom, he he told her he loved her. I covered my mouth with my hand and in the motion, my school bag dropped to the ground.

"Shit, who is there outside?" He asked as he made his way out of the dark room.

"Shawn, you didn't heard something right? You're a good boy, you'll forget if you heard anything."

"Fuck you." I spat, my cheeks covered with fresh batch of tears. He moved close to me, but before he could even touch me I was out of the damn house. But it was of no use as within minutes I was forcefully ushered back in his office by his people.

"I'm telling you this the last time forget whatever shit you listened to or else I'm afraid what I'll have to do." He said in an angry tone.

"Or what?" I spat vigorously.

"Or you know Aliyah write she'll go the same place your mother went do you hear me." He yelled at me.

Aliyah was my best friend, even though she is my stepsister she's more than a real one for me. In the year and a half I've known her, she had always been there for me just like a shadow. And, she had been here with me, letting me cry in her arms, consoling me for more than a month. I knew what I had to do, I couldn't loose anyone else now.

He accomplished what he wanted, he had successfully zipped my mouth and made me do what he wanted. I was just a puppet of him now.

I clenched my eyes shut tightly tears continuously streaming down my face. I placed the framed picture back on the nightstand and took some sleeping pills downed them down with a bottle of whiskey and shut those memories up along with my brain and blacked out.

A/N: That was hard to write, and I'm not crying you are!🤧