Chapter 35- Epilogue

Hello everyone, this is going to be a long chapter and when I say long, I mean, 13K words. I know some readers do not find that long enough but I recommend you reading this when you're fully concentrated and ready to really devote your time reading the story. Thank you!

Also, I know asked some readers to volunteer and help me with this update by beta reading it BUT I sort of changed my mind last minute. I'm sorry, I just felt like it is better if you guys read it fresh.

I would really appreciate your reaction, have fun reading! 

_____

ATTORNEY MYOUI MINA'S POINT OF VIEW

"Yes, mom. I just arrived." I chuckle, she's been jumpy ever since I boarded the plane from Tokyo to Seoul. Typical. She's always been like this, worried, concerned, and just so kind. A mother. "You don't really have to worry about me, mom. I told you, the flight went well." I smile, she has always been attentive.

"I'm just making sure, honey." I knew, I just knew she was smiling when she said this. I can imagine her face, my mom, she's an amazing woman.

"Yeah, I know mom. I totally understand you." I tell her this because it's true. I understand her now, I didn't know all I needed was a few years in order to understand.

I was walking through Incheon airport, with my phone in my hand, and my luggage on the other hand, I know it's going to be a long day. Well, at least I'm home. That's the only thing that made me happy, being home. Years ago, if you'd tell me that I'd call South Korea as my home, I'd laugh at you. I'd say that would be impossible because there is no way in hell that would happen.

Jokes on me, I guess.

It's been more than a decade since I lived here, many things have changed, many things.

"Hey, mom. I need to cut the call now. My cab's here." I huff, I didn't want to cut the call but I need to be somewhere right now. "Yeah, maybe I can call you guys later?" I ask her.

"Okay, maybe if I'm not busy." Her kind voice soothes me, I miss her.

"Alright." I smiled, my hand holding the handle of the cab. "If we're not busy." I get inside the taxi and cut the call.

_____

It's almost three in the afternoon, and regrettably, I still haven't had my coffee. I've been busy the whole time while I was in Japan since I wasn't there for family, I was there mainly for paperwork. But it was nice that I got to visit my parents, my brother, and his family. My niece was so adorable and my nephew was definitely such an energetic little boy, but it's nothing I couldn't handle. It was nice, quite refreshing too. I missed Japanese food, I can't really get good Japanese food around here. Besides, it's more convenient to eat Korean food for me now.

"That'll be ten dollars." Says the cashier. I had to look at her again.

"Jesus, iced americanos used to be three dollars." I whisper to myself, I didn't want to seem rude to the cashier, she seemed young, nervous, and probably a newbie at work. I pay and smile at her. With the drink in my hand, I stroll the streets of Seoul like I owned it. I miss this, all this walking. I barely get to do this since work requires a lot of time and attention, besides, that's not the only thing I'm busy about these days.

The sun was out, but it wasn't too hot. Good thing I decided to drop my luggage at the home, shower, and then go out. I'm lucky today's a free day for me, it's not every day that I get to enjoy some time for myself.