Chapter 16-How much madness is too much madness?

Son Chaeyoung's Point of View

Spending Chuseok with my family turned out to be a good idea. Not only did I come out to my family unintentionally, I also got to catch up with them. Of course, coming out wasn't something that I wanted to do. But it's fine, things turned out pretty well so I guess I'm lucky like that.

I'm currently just sitting on the sofa and just watching Tzuyu assemble something on the television. This made me a little curious. She just arrived a little while ago, what's up with her being busy?

"You just got back from Taiwan, right? You should rest." I tell her, realizing that my concern for this giant has grown after the first few months of meeting her. She's grown into me. She was still trying to install something to the television, and I couldn't see whatever that she was installing. I just lay my head on the sofa, my eyes following her every movement.

"I can rest later. I'll just have to install this first." She mumbled as she continued to fiddle with the cords. I just stared at her, as she continued to work. Shit, cords still exist? Aren't cords supposed to be obsolete? Or am I the weird one?

"What's that?" I ask her as I try to sneak a peek with what she was trying to install. She turned her gaze to me, and just clapped her hands. I even jerked a little, too much coffee I guess?

"All done!" She smiles, a smile of victory from the looks of it. "It's a PS4. I just think it would be nice to have a game console here." She smiles, I nod because I totally understand her point. Lately, the dorm's been really quiet. Having a game console might actually help lighten up the mood in here. I just smile at her, she's quite sensible.

"That's pretty expensive though." I tell her, she just gave me this blank stare as if she doesn't understand how money works, I try to sit properly. "Besides, Sony is going to release PS5 next year." I try to reason with her. She just nodded, she knew what I meant. For sure, she's thought of this.

"I'll buy the PS5 when it comes out." She nonchalantly replies. "Besides, this isn't for you. It's for Mina unnie." Still sitting on the floor, she looks past me. She's smiling, Tzuyu looks like a million dollars whenever she smiles. Simply beautiful, to be honest.

"Right, unnie?" Tzuyu smiles, as she stares at someone behind me. I then turned my head and saw Mina, her eyes bright at the sight of the game console. She then profusely nods her head, bobbing it up and down like a toy. I then turned my attention back to Tzuyu who's now up.

Just as I was about to say something, Tzuyu excuses herself. She wanted to go to the dorm next door and say hi to the unnies. Besides, Sana and Nayeon are in the dorm next door too. Tzuyu probably felt like Mina and I were the most boring ones in the bunch. Not that it offends me or anything, but whatever.

Tzuyu leaving for the house next door meant I was stuck with Mina, unless she wanted to leave too then that would also be fine. The absence of my noisy dorm-mates meant that the dorm was in complete silence, I'm not exaggerating, the silence was deafening. It's as if I can hear my own breathing.

"Hey, Chaeng Chaeng." Mina says this softly as she takes the spot next to me on the sofa. I do not know whether it's what she said or how she said it, but, I have to admit that I don't mind her calling me whatever nickname. I face her, now a smile plastered on my face. A genuine one to say the least. "How'd your Chuseok go?" She asks, probably just not to make things seem awkward between us.

"It went well." It wasn't what I expected but it was great nonetheless. I stare at her, I'm not sure when she got here, she probably got here first than me. "I assume you had fun with Nayeon and Momo, unnie?" I ask her, she just nods. An awkward silence followed, I wasn't sure how to handle it.