Chapter 29- Christmas Day

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter! 

_____

SON CHAEYOUNG'S POINT OF VIEW

The flight back to Korea was a blur. Well, I do remember Mrs. Myoui accompanying us to the airport. We didn't really get to exchange words because of the language barrier but before I left, she gave me the biggest hug and thanked me in English. To be honest, it felt nice that I got to see her before leaving. Mina resembled her so much, that part was pleasant. Anyway, after that, I didn't really remember much because everything was just blurry. Whether the blur was caused by the headache I had or because I didn't really care anymore, I don't know. Maybe both, I don't really know. I didn't care either, by that point I just wanted to go home and rest. I had things to do too, I needed to do some school work. I needed to get work done and honestly, staying in Japan for three days kind of prevented me from doing any work.

We were seated together during the flight and of course, we sat in silence during the whole ordeal. To describe it as hell is an understatement. My head was the throbbing, it was because I hadn't had a chance to sleep properly the night before. I mean, what kind of person would be able to sleep after that confrontation? No, not me. I also noticed how Mina is wearing sunglasses. Does she think she's an idol?

After that trip, we ignored each other again. We went back to our normal routine. I went to school, mingled with classmates, I did my homework, I did all my readings, I attended the meeting for the school event, and I took exams. I was lucky enough that I have Tzuyu. Things have become so much easier because she was around. This routine went on for weeks until classes were over for Christmas break.

It would have been better if I had decided to go home right after classes were over. However, the older girls encouraged us to stay until Christmas. They all wanted us to spend our time together, and of course, we all wanted to celebrate because Minwoo has been incarcerated. I thought the idea was nice so I decided to stay. Plus, I don't have much to do when I'm at home. I know I'd end up being bored because I'd always be with my family. Why not spend Christmas with my unnies, right? I'll just spend my New Years at home, I guess.

But of course, being in the dorms during the holidays also meant I have a lot of time for myself. On most days I would stay in my room and just mope around. There would be times when people would come and invite me to go outside which was nice. But most of the time, I was alone with my thoughts. Because of this, I'm starting to doubt my decision about Mina. I don't know, but that night at the Hotel keeps on playing inside my head.

Did I do the right thing?

"Of course I did." I mumble to myself, feeling pathetic that I've reduced myself to this. I just lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling has become a daily routine now. It even feels like the ceiling has become my best friend.

But she did tell you that what she felt was genuine.

"Am I being dumb or am I just full of pride?" I ask myself. I just stare at the wall, it's empty, just like me. I feel empty inside. I know it sounds pitiful to say such a thing. It sounds almost selfish and I sound ungrateful of my privilege. I stare at the ceiling for God knows how long when I suddenly hear a knock on my door. I turn my gaze towards my door and see Nayeon unnie. She's standing by the door frame and she had this hopeful look on her face.

"Yeah?" I ask her.

"Do you have time today?" She asked me. I sat straight up and nod my head.

"Of course, I do. It's Christmas break, unnie. I have all the time in the world." I say this begrudgingly. She had this smile on her face, she looked beautiful as usual.