Enchanted

Based on the Taylor Swift song 'Enchanted' ~ This song is so sweet i love it, also i think i read somewhere that she wrote this about an artist she met (i think it might have been the guy from Owl City) and then in one of that artist's songs he sung 'I was enchanted to meet you too' so yeah this is kind of based off of that :D. It turned out much longer than i originally planned but i hope you like it <3 xxx

Enchanted

---------

Liam's P.O.V.

I guess i'm kind of a veteran at this now, 6 years in this business is a long time compared to a lot of artists - I still love it though. It's just these kind of things that become tedious and boring....

Music Awards.

Sure, their pretty awesome in the way you get front row to a concert of some of the worlds best musicians, but after you've been too as many as I have it gets kind of boring and the night ends up dragging on too long when all I want to do is either sleep or be in the studio.

First, there's all the red carpet interviews where they all ask you exactly the same questions and give you the exact same flirty, coy smile - then there's the actual Awards Ceremony itself where you have to sit and clap people who could very well be absolute dickheads. After all that's done with, you have to go to one of the many after parties otherwise you end up looking like a diva or a snob. Choosing which one is important, you don't want to go to the one's with the B-listers and seem like a show-off, but equally if you go to the party with all the big stars you end up with fake dating rumours and inevitable drunkenness.

It feels like I can never win.

Tonight was one of the biggest nights in music, the American Music Awards. It started like every other awards show; I arrived for the red carpet and tried not to blink as a million and one cameras began to flash in my face, I gave my scheduled interview with my now auto-piloted answers (I don't think there's a question that could surprise me anymore) and then I made my way to my seat.

I had asked my manager to make sure I wasn't seated next to any of the known diva's or the jealous one hit wonders, and sure enough I was sat between Ed Sheeran and Harry and Louis Tomlinson, probably some of the nicest guys in the business.

The night was slow and boring. I was nominated for 2 awards - Best Pop Album and Best Artist. I didn't win either but that didn't bother me, I already had 4 Grammys and too many other awards to count. Besides, I liked to watch all the newer artists winning.

**************************

It was almost 11pm by the time the ceremony had finished and I had arrived at the after party in some famous nightclub I probably should have known the name of. It was the same as all the others I had been to: people congratulating the winners, saying things like 'hard luck' and 'maybe next year' to all the nominees (I myself got a few of those the moment I walked into the room).

I headed straight for the bar and got myself the usual quick-action martini. The drunker I was, the easier and quicker this party would be. Almost immediately I had 4 young ladies surrounding me, asking for pictures and attention. They were obviously fans who had won some kind of competition to get in here. It didn't bother me though, I like meeting fans - 95% of them are really kind and understanding and supportive and they are basically the reason I have this job.

I stayed at the bar for a while, forcing laughter and faking smiles when various people came and talked to me. I'm already bored and tired.

I suddenly heard an uproar of screaming and caught a glimpse of a blonde quiff and a silhouette moving in front of me. The person who the quiff belonged too was crowded by fans and reporters and it wasn't until they had pushed their way through the crowd and walked towards me and the persons security had dissipated the gaggle of people, that I saw who it was. I recognised him but couldn't quite put a name to the face until I heard him ask for a bear. Irish accent. All my boredom and tiredness vanished and I felt intrigued at this obviously new person joining the party.