[3] This love is Ours

sooooooo .... As requested by a few people ;) here is part 3 of whatever this mini-series of one shots thing is! This will be the final part, i hope you like it and you think it's a good enough conclusion ;)

As with the previous two parts, this final part is based on the song — 'Ours' by Taylor swift (again lmao i just love her so much) and also based on the video for the song as well ;D

[P.S this is in kind of a weird P.O.V. like Niall is talking to Liam in his head as the day goes on... if that makes sense.... which it probably doesn't.... also the i think the tenses are all messed up and i don't know] xxxx

——————

Today is a good day. I only have to get though 8 hours of boredom before I can see you again. It's been so long, but even the grey skies and very, lifeless office blocks won't bring me down today.

Dave was half asleep staring into space at the desk as usual when I walked in. A I waved at him like I do every morning (and he ignored me like he does every morning) and picked up my pass from James, like I have every morning of work in the 11 months you've been gone. He's one of the only one's who really understands.

I make it to the elevator just in time, its almost full. I sigh, joining my already tired and bored co-workers. The silence makes me want to take the stairs. If you were here we would laugh about their vacant stares, but right now you're not and my time is theirs.

When the elevator doors finally open, I'm pushed to the back by the forceful bodies pushing past me and sending my loathsome glares. This happens every morning and it just makes me look forward to seeing you more and more.

As I walk over to my desk, I can hear the whispers, sense the glances and feel the tension. It seems like there are always people who are going to disprove of us Liam and I know they'll keep judging us like they know us, or anything about our relationship. I know you sometimes worry about how what other people think about us might effect me, but I know they just have nothing else to do. I can tell when you're worrying about me running off to be with some girl, but you should never worry 'cos i'm always going to choose you, Liam.

I know from your letters that you get the same kind of treatment, but don't you worry your pretty little mind Liam. You know better than anyone that people are always going to throw rocks and anything that shines really, but I hope you feel the same way as I do in that yes, the stakes are high for us and the water's rough-so to speak — but this love is ours. Kinda sounds like a song the way I just read that back in my head, eh Liam? Maybe one day i'll do something useful with that amazing guitar you got me for christmas.

At lunch, I sat alone on the table as far from the secretary sharks (the ones I always bitch about) as possible but I could still hear their harsh words about you. The snide giggles and pitying looks wore thin on me.

I spend most of the day playing with paper clips and avoiding the secretary sharks. At one point I went to print something out but the printer had no paper, so then when I came back with a huge pile of paper, there was no ink! So I went and got ink and then when I got back, the printer had been moved! I swear I have never wanted to run out of this building so fast Liam.

I found our 'I love you' sticky note and it reminded me of the lake house. Being with you there, was the happiest I've ever been. Messing around in the autumn leaves, and you being all goofy and adorable as always. Playing with the cats and attempting to bake cookies......I remember every moment of falling in love with you and not a day has gone by where I don't think about every single one.

After the boss gives me a warning look and I actually do some work, I look at my watch and it's already four pm! I grab my coat and run to the elevator, as fast away from computer desks and mean people as possible. Closer to you. Theres a guy I vaguely recognise half asleep next to me and when the elevator doors open I again and I wave at him, he actually waves back!

On the bus to the airport I take out my phone and go through all the pictures and videos of us kissing, goofing around, moving into our home. We look like love sick puppies and the smile on your face is the brightest thing I've ever seen. And then I come to the last picture and it's a selfie of us kissing, that was now of our last kisses before you left and the emptiness in my heart I've been feeling since you've been gone, starts to ache — reminding me of just how close I am to you.

I get to thinking, Liam, our love isn't everyone else to speculate if its wrong; your tough hands are where mine belong and I vow to fight their doubt and give you faith in us. Because I love the crinkle in your eyes and the way that your talk about things you love. I love your tattoos that my father loves to snidely remark about. I love all these things about you and thats why no one else opinions matter. That's why my heart is yours.

And then the bus stops and i'm leaping out of my seat. I'm the first off and i'm looking, searching, but I don't see you. I walk forward and my eyes lock on the exit and I start to walk forward and that's when I see you.

You're in your uniform, carrying a rucksack and you don't see me straight away. For a moment I stop because this is real and you're here and suddenly I don't feel so alone.

I notice you notice me and before my brain kicks in, my legs are running and my bag is on the floor and your arms are around me and I can smell you, I can feel you. I'm touching your face and I hear you laugh as our noses bump together. It's almost impossible to lock lips because we're laughing and smiling and this is happiness. This is love. As I find peace in your eyes, I become certain that nothing and no one will ever be able to take what's ours. 

This love, is ours.