Epilogue | You Sly Fox!

Song: John Mayer - New Light (Female Vocal Cover - Joystatic Sarah)

--------------------------

Ren almost panicked when Atsumu had seemingly vanished into thin air. But a fraction of a second later, when her gaze fell down to the side, and there he was.... 

... On his knee... 

... Holding a velvet box...

Oh. My. God.

 But before she further process it any further, he opened the box and asked, "Ren-chan, will you move in with me?" 

... Huh...

The box held an access chip/card, similar to the one that she saw Atsumu use to open the house. 

But hold on a minute!

She almost died, thinking he was going to propose to her.

What just happened?!

"Uh... what," she said, unable to even formulate a sentence worthy of being understood by humans. 

"You had a good idea Ren-chan," said Atsumu, shrugging his shoulders and looking absolutely calm and composed with what he had just asked of her and their entire situation. "A house is a better thing to buy than a car indeed. I finalised the purchase of this house last month, and the interior designer just finished cleaning up the place last week, right after the games got over. But this house is too big for just me. So... move in with me?" 

He was smiling. That unruffled bastard was smiling!

But the way how he was still so unmoved the entire ordeal, calmed her own nerves. 

This would have eventually have happened wouldn't it? And our relationship was never normal to begin with...

"I will," she said as she picked up the key from the box, moving in to kiss him. 

But he stopped her, gesturing her to remain in her place.

Huh?!

"And while we're at it," he moved to fish out another similar velvet box from his jacket pocket.

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT. 
No no no no no....
I just moved in god damn it! I can't marry you already! 
We are different bu-

He opened to reveal a bracelet with a single charm of a dog. 

... No ring?

"Can we also get a dog?"

She almost flat-lined. 

"WHAT. ARE YOU SERIOUS ATSUMU?!" she almost shrieked, unable to believe what she was hearing.

"I mean, we don't have to get one today. I was thinking we could go in a few days. There is a dog shelter, and I thought we could totally adopt one," he said, shrugging his shoulders as if it was no big deal at all. "No! Wait! We can go tomorrow, my schedule's totally free, and we can shop for some of the dog food too," he added and flashed a quick smile.